Author Topic: New Contest Idea  (Read 1115 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
New Contest Idea
« on: March 29, 2023, 07:18:22 AM »
I was thinking about ways of drumming up some reports on the forum and came up with something that is easily doable and shows off the versatility of the shore-based angler here in SoCal. (No vessels of any sorts to fish from, deploy, or land).   Basically, it will be limited to first person to get everything on the treasure hunt list will be the winner.  I'll make a cool plaque or trophy for the winner and maybe find a sponsor for the event for some prizes.  The person will have to post a report with corresponding pictures to be checked off the treasure list.  I'm only saying "any species" because the 4 counties all have different dominant fish in that particular area, but I am open to make it species specific.

(I also am thinking about doing a boat-based contest, but I'm just starting from the shore)

It will be to find the most versatile shore angler in SoCal.  Here is the list I am thinking of and let me know if there should be any additions or subtractions.

- Surf Perch (Any Species)
- Croaker (Any Species except Corbina)
- Corbina
- Bass (any Species)
- Halibut
- Minor Ray (Round, Thornback)
- Major Ray (Butterfly, Bat Ray, Diamond, Pelagic)
- Guitarfish (Banded or California)
- Minor Shark (Smooth hound, Horn, Spiny Dogfish)
- Leopard Shark
- Soupfin Shark
- Sevengill Shark
- ??????? Any other ideas?

Maybe do one for a Boat/kayak Based anglers and have the longest species list at the end of the year wins that category?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 08:23:54 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: New Contest Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 11:26:55 AM »
That’s a great idea. Takes a bit of dedication but totally possible. Maybe in case nobody can get all of them, whoever gets the most? And will fishing in bays/harbors count?