Author Topic: Sniffing It Out  (Read 1919 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Sniffing It Out
« on: March 12, 2023, 12:45:13 PM »
3 different beaches in 3 days.

Day One: fished Sunset beach from the peak high for an hour. Maybe a bite or two on the c-rig. Very tasty holes and troughs and good color water post storm. No real signs of life though.

Day Two: south to Newport. Fished the hour up to the peak high. Half c-rig half KM. Very very dead. Clean water though. Cold water and bare feet made for dull pain. Air temp was the nicest it’s been in a while.

Day Three: met up with Jared in the rain in Huntington. Fished 0830-0930 with 1100 being peak high. He threw some ZMan 2” creature thing on a c-rig and I threw KM. Micro bait in the water here and there, and googan pelicans diving and not catching anything. Jared got one BSP, I got no bites.

Good to hit a few different beaches. Seems pretty dead, so hopefully more bait floods the inside and some nice fish will follow.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Sniffing It Out
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 01:06:04 PM »
Theresa and me hit two beaches in the Malibu area this morning.  Water is dirty and the fishing sucked.  Four hours without a bump
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 06:23:18 AM »
Hopefully things will pop soon and we can get the season started ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 06:55:19 AM »
This has been a terrible start of fishing for the year for just about everyone.  I'm hoping fishing picks up when some better weather starts to roll in.

It's getting close to surf halibut season as well as corvina fishing when the grunion start to stage.  Hopefully that turn around the surf scene!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.