Author Topic: Huntington Cental Park 2/27  (Read 2186 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Huntington Cental Park 2/27
« on: February 27, 2023, 12:14:43 PM »
Woke up without an alarm around 0730 this morning. Knew there was a little window where the wind wouldn't be bad so I headed down to the main lake at Huntington Central Park to give it a thorough inspection with a float n fly. As far as my species hunting goes, this place has tilapia, pleccos, and green sunfish for me to hunt down, aside from the standard channel cats, largemouth, and trout stocks.

It was cold! Wind was coming from all directions throughout my hour and change fishing.

No bites all morning. Met a local who gave me a little intel and said the lake always wakes up when it hits the 60º temp mark, so in another month or so we'll be stylin'.

On the way out I pulled a pretty standard California roll at a stop sign in front of a motorcycle cop staking out. He had no patience for me and was NOT happy. Wish I ducked into a neighborhood while I had the chance...really put a damper on my day early on.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Cental Park 2/27
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 04:16:39 PM »
Ooooh, up close and personal with a uniform is not a good way to start the week :o Hope the fine isn't too harsh

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 02:17:59 AM »
The lake looks interesting Jeremy, bummer about the ticket (I'm assuming you got one).  Hope it's cheaper than my camera ticket was  :o
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 03:53:55 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 06:46:35 AM »
Oooh, Plecos and Tilapia.  That sounds interesting!

After every ticket I've ever had, I always thought "That could have been new fishing equipment".  Eventually I said I would reward myself with a new reel or rod every year that I didn't get a ticket and that kind of made me fine tune any "rolling stops".  Bummer about the ticket though as that always feels terrible.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 10:13:22 AM »
Oooh, Plecos and Tilapia.  That sounds interesting!

After every ticket I've ever had, I always thought "That could have been new fishing equipment".  Eventually I said I would reward myself with a new reel or rod every year that I didn't get a ticket and that kind of made me fine tune any "rolling stops".  Bummer about the ticket though as that always feels terrible.

That is EXACTLY what I thought. Guessing it's gonna be $250-$350, there goes a UC.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 10:51:35 AM »
I just figure I’m paying my tab of a nickel per infraction. Probably less than that really.