Author Topic: Annual Bad Pig Getaway  (Read 2293 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Annual Bad Pig Getaway
« on: February 23, 2023, 10:01:11 AM »
The kids were out of school for a week for President's Day so we headed to Lake Skinner since we haven't had the rig out since Thanksgiving :) Bad Pig took us to our favorite camp site and the weather was perfect 8)

Got hooked up to the utilities, set up the satellite dish and leveled up the rig with the tripod :)

Always check your bike tires at home, good thing for spare tubes ;D Is that a banana ??

Janie and Aaron drove their cars up there since they had to work on Tuesday, our site looked like a used car lot ;D

They took a walk and I organized the trailer and covered the couches....we have messy eaters ;D ;D

The kids wanted to fish with Aaron since he was on limited time, so they geared up and off they went.

The water was SUPER low :o but we had fun spending time together. Almost felt like Bat Fight conditions, lots of mud and no fish ::) ;D ;D

There were empty shells and crusty formations everywhere, I thought Tom would surely find a petrified relic in here somewhere 8)

It's not camping if without cooking with the smoker, my favorite pass time :) First night was Tri-Tip, everyone loved it :)

Did my usual walk in the morning to great scenery, 2 miles was enough to sooth the mind and start the day off ;)

Found a new anchor for my boat ;D

I asked the Ranger about the water being so low, he said the Water District owns the lake and they don't give out much info to them about water levels but it went down 8 feet in the last week :o :o

My buddy got the site next to us so we visited and did the bait and wait, just fun to catch up and chat :)

Another round of outdoor cooking, Chicken Breasts for lunch and Pollo Asado and Shrimp Tacos with Lobster Tails to end the day 8) 8)

Max found a Crawdad and decided to keep it for bait, he put it in a wet towel and put it in the shower for safe keeping. Fast forward to 3am and I hear scratching and clicking (forgot all about the visitor in the shower) and all I could think was a critter/mouse was in the trailer somewhere :o :o >:( ::) I woke up and found Mr. Crawdad wide awake in the shower with the drain screen removed.......It's ALIVE !! ;D

The weather was starting to turn so I told Max and Myles they better fish now cause we maybe in for some rain :( They put in the time and effort but I think the water level ruined the bite ::) ::) They did manage a few small bass and some bluegill. Myles even landed some on the Ronco Special ;D

Now it's cold and rain on the way so we watched The Curse of Oak Island while the wind blew, my buddy sat it out and watched his puppy play outside. We did manage one night around the campfire but the incoming weather made our trip a day short, no big deal.

Breakfast Burritos......Ham, Shrimp, Pollo Asado, BBQ Chicken,Eggs and Peppers, then we loaded up and luckily beat the rain. Came home and unpacked and then chilled out by the wood stove with Mongo.

Thanks for reading, be safe out there 8)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Annual Bad Pig Getaway
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 10:08:43 AM »
I love vacations, and you guys do it right!!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 11:36:13 AM »
You definitely do vacations right!  Is that Kogahead's little pocket rocket you borrowed?  He always had a liking for you.  hahahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 04:22:22 AM »
As always, the food looks incredible Tim.  Good to see you with the family, thanks for sharing
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 11:38:12 AM »
Nice to see the Pig on the prowl.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)