Author Topic: Snow caves!  (Read 2205 times)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Snow caves!
« on: February 20, 2023, 01:52:54 PM »
My boys and I are part of an organization called Trail Life.  This weekend three other dads and I took 13 boys up to Lookout Pass just across the border in Montana to build snow caves.  These boys continue to surprise me!  They packed in all their gear on their backs or on sleds Saturday morning, spent the day excavating snow caves, spent the night in them, and packed out Sunday morning.  Out of the 12 boys, 9 of them slept the whole night in their cave!  Two of them had weren't able to because they had cave ins on the first and second attempts, but kept trying, and the two youngest ones decided at the last minute that the weren't quite ready (but I'm sure they will do it next year).  It was an awesome experience and I continue to learn much from the perseverance and hard work of these young men! 

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Snow caves!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 03:45:19 AM »
Good to see your name on the board Chad, looks like your kids are getting new experiences. 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 07:43:46 AM »
Great pics Chad!  That's awesome they all got the gear together and even crazier that they actually slept in the snow caves they made!  lol

Great stuff boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 06:36:31 AM »
 That's something they will always remember, very cool experience 8) 8)