Author Topic: Multi day report (2/09 - 2/10)  (Read 2861 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Multi day report (2/09 - 2/10)
« on: February 13, 2023, 10:11:07 PM »
It's been longer than a hot minute since I've done any fishing. Completely tore my plantar fascia ligament in my right foot while playing basketball the first week of November, was non-weight bearing for 2 months, then slowly transitioned to a walking boot and then a brace. Finally, on my feet wearing just insoles, but still pretty limited on what the amount of walking I can do. Was also laid off early January. Was an interesting winter for me.

Hobbled to the beach to break in the new license. Stayed for an hour or so, or until my foot couldn't handle it any more. Some surf pounding, but still very fishable. Fished with market shrimp. Managed 1 BSP that released. Lots of bites, but could only get one to stick. It was enough for me. I needed that vitamin SEA. Amazing to see a relatively empty beach on such a warm day. Gotta love San Diego!!

Forced myself to head back out the very next day. Gotta take advantage of the time off while I still have it. Hit the old SNBF HQ to soak some macks and do some pre-scouting. Brought 2 long rods to increase the odds and a bass rod to pass the time. Macks sat untouched  :(  I beat the skunk with a chunky bay bass.

I've been busy with honey-dos and backyard activities. Cleaning the chicken coop, prepping the compost pile, pulling weeds, building dragon fruit trellises and planting cuttings, grafting cherimoyas and mangoes trees, and starting some air layering of some fruit trees. Also harvested a few bunches of bananas. Looking forward to another year of bluefin and getting one over 100lbs (not trolling) and hopefully squeeze some grinners in-between. TNGC is back!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Multi day report (2/09 - 2/10)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 10:43:01 PM »
Good on ye testing the knee! Couple of skunk busters is good mojo out of a long hiatus.

The fruit on the side is cool. I’ve got all of 20 square feet for an upstairs apartment porch and I’m trying to sprout as many avocados and mangoes alongside coleus and plumerias as I can. Good to hear someone else doing stuff with the mangoes.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 04:37:24 AM »
Glad you're feeling better Mike, that must have been a long two months.  Looking forward to some reports
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 06:56:05 AM »
Glad your back!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 07:36:58 AM »
Good to see a report from you, Mike! All the best with the continuing recovery for your foot!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 07:37:59 AM »
Sorry to hear about the injury and job Mike, but glad to see you out fishing again!
Way to stick a couple to start the come back!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 07:47:28 AM »
Great seeing a post Mike!  Roger's been hitting the bay quite a bit, so did you see anyone shirtless fishing up to his knees anywhere?  ha!

Thanks for the report Mike and glad to see you are getting back to some fishing  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 12:12:58 PM »
Vitamin sea is magic! Good to hear from ya. Hope the mend goes well.  8)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 12:25:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind words y'all! I'll get there, slowly. Can't wait to get the green light to start exercising and playing basketball again. Gained way too much weight not doing sheet.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 05:15:39 PM by Pinoyfisher »
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 05:24:59 PM »
Glad to see you are back in action, recovery seems endless sometimes. Looking forward to more reports.