Author Topic: Minus One (2/2)  (Read 3061 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Minus One (2/2)
« on: February 03, 2023, 07:00:29 AM »
On this gorgeous Groundhog's Day, I went to the beach after work to look for some grinners and UFO's.  Squatch had to run home, but was going to meet me at the surf for round 2.

Round 1.

Got to the beach to cobblestone hell! 

How was I going to get a sand spike in here???

There were very few surfers in the water at this point, but that was bound to change.  I took a long walk down the beach to get to some peace and quiet.

Life was good.  No weeds in the water what-so-ever and fishing was pleasant.... until I heard the loud ramblings of a Tweaker coming down the beach.  He was firing off with fingers and death threats to everyone he was passing and then he saw me sitting there like a duck on the pond.

I had two options at this point since I was cornered, and he was coming in hot with arms flailing.  Option One, subdue the guy which didn't seem to be in the best interest at the moment, or somehow calm him down which also seemed impossible.
Long story short, after 15 minutes of talking to him, he went from wanting to die and kill someone to sitting on the beach and crying his eyes out.  He then miraculously got up, said thanks, and continued down the beach.  15 minutes later and I look down the beach to 5 or 6 police cars on the beach and can only assume it was that dude and he went back to his crazy tweaked out self.  Oh well....

I missed a few bites but they didn't seem shark like.  Then the Sea Squab descended on the beach.  I was so far away from them that I thought, "I'm Good"...  Then a guy just f@cking walked all the way down and walked out in front of my line.  I moved down another 100 yards just because I didn't want to deal with it and you guessed it...  another guy came right to my rod and walked out right in front.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I only like and respect 20% of Anglers AND Surfers.  The rest are pretty much just worthless to me.

Well, the sun set and Steve showed up. 

We made a move a few hundred yards down the beach and set up for the Night Grinner Bite.

I thought I had a lobster on, but it turned out to be a Minus-1.  I kicked it back before Squatch could see, but of course he's always looking for the angle to win. lol

That was it.  I froze my ass off with only 1 small sweatshirt while Steve was better prepared with a beanie, T-shirt, Longsleeve shirt, two hoodies. and his wind breaker work jacket.  It literally took hours before I felt warm again with a bunch of blankets on me in bed.  hahaha

Well, next time I guess.  I didn't even mention the sea lion who tried to steal my mackerel, but didn't know about "Bait Thread"....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
Re: Minus One (2/2)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 07:41:14 AM »
I checked the spot out around sunset planning to fish it and saw steve walking down so i went to the beach on the south side of you guys. Missed one bite from what i assume was a leopard right at the high tide
Farmer's only

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:40:05 AM »
I checked the spot out around sunset planning to fish it and saw steve walking down so i went to the beach on the south side of you guys. Missed one bite from what i assume was a leopard right at the high tide

Should’ve cruised down.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 10:49:18 AM »

Too funny you moved to avoid Steve and Tweaker Tom.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 10:51:24 AM »
I never moved for a Surfer, F'em.

Never hooked one, but Dan did. Dipstick came out of the water to fight saw 6'4" 250 pound Dan and ran back into the water.

Cobblestones = great surf fishing, but not for sharks, Tom you should know that.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 11:01:04 AM »

Cobblestones = great surf fishing, but not for sharks, Tom you should know that.

It was all sand the last time I was there, but all the sand was in the parking lot.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 05:49:10 AM »
 Them Tweakers are always entertaining but very unpredictable.......Aluminum Shampoo !!!

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 11:14:33 PM »
You're a real kook beacon. A classic groundhog day for you.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 08:30:29 AM »
Winter doldrums absolutely suck!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)