Author Topic: 1Q and 2Q 2023 Shark Contest!  (Read 5009 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
1Q and 2Q 2023 Shark Contest!
« on: January 24, 2023, 06:29:02 AM »
I have one more rod to give away, so let us do a 1Q & 2Q 2023 Shark Contest Give-A-Way!

Once again, thanks to JRodda for the fresh Daiwa rod donations, so we're having a first half of the 2023-year surf fishing Contest.  I'm going to keep rules simple.
Fish Must be caught from Terra Firma in the surf or from the shores of the bay...  For this contest, boats, kayaks, piers, jetties, canoes, boards, or rubber rafts don't count, even for paddling baits out.

There will be a separate contest for paddled out baits, but it will be for a prize pack to be named later on, so post any catches you make while fishing from the shore.

Rules are simple. 

• Catch and post your catch on the Prehistoric Soul Forum!
  • Take a fresh clean picture (as possible considering the surf spray) as the size may or may not matter since on the first day of July, the top pictures will be put on a poll for your peers to vote on.  The top winner for each of the polls (Casting and Paddled) will receive a prize.  For the casting event, a Daiwa Emblem Conventional Surf Rod.  For the paddled event, TBD
  • Shipping is NOT included, so if you win and need it to be shipped, we can figure out the options.
  • This Contest is primarily open to SoCal residents, but even "out of state" members are also eligible.  You will just need to consider the cost of shipping if applicable.
  • The contest starts today (1/24/23) and remember that the biggest fish might not be the winner, but there's a good chance it will receive the most votes.  It may be the most spectacular catch or possibly the best photo.  Everyone who is a member or contributor on the Prehistoric Soul Website will be eligible.  The only person that can't win this rod or TBD prize pack is me.
  • The best and biggest catches for the first half of 2023 (1/24/23 to 6/30/23) and posted on the forum will be eligible for the prize in each category

If anyone wants more clarity or has any questions, feel free to reach out and reply on this thread or PM me.  I'm typing this on the fly and hope I didn't miss anything.

The last rod is an EMP1102HFB 11' 4-10oz, 20-40# surf stick.

Good luck everyone and let's see your catch!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 04:39:33 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
Re: 1Q and 2Q 2023 Shark Contest!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 06:53:43 AM »
Lightline21

Pierfisher

Verne

Joey

« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 06:33:21 AM by Latimeria »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
Re: 1Q and 2Q 2023 Shark Contest!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 06:10:57 AM »
So I have to add a bunch of shark pics to this board, but only 24 more days before this contest ends and the last surf rod is given away!  If you caught one between January and June of 2023 you would like to submit, please post your picture here if you want a chance to win a Daiwa surf rod!