Author Topic: 5 Lakes Stocked with Trout! (12/16)  (Read 1979 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
5 Lakes Stocked with Trout! (12/16)
« on: December 18, 2022, 04:25:12 PM »
The puddles were stocked with 2500 pounds of trout, 500 pounds per lake.  I took a break from work in the morning and gave myself 3 hours to fish 3 lakes and hopefully find one of the slugs they planted.

First spot I actually saw one fish on the other side of the lake get caught.  Otherwise, there wasn't any hoot or holler'in going on.  I did see the line bobber drop and knew something hit my line, but it wasn't home.  Whatever it was, it squished the air out of the crawler.

Spot 2 and I basically sat in my truck watching everyone else do the same.  Not a thing for an hour.

I went to spot 3 and there was some action.  I kept seeing bites, but nothing was sticking.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell kept chewing my crawler, but not getting hooked!  I had 6-7 good hits and rebaited each time...

Then I saw a dot pop up at the surface and realized it was a damn turtle messing with me!  Oh well, at least I figured it out.

Fished 3 lakes in 3 hours for nada.  I guess the fish were taking their brake the same time I was.  Oh well, next time!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Lakes Stocked with Trout! (12/16)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 04:46:35 PM »
Good try. Those turtles can be a menace. At least you didn’t have to land it.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Lakes Stocked with Trout! (12/16)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 08:49:40 PM »
Them damn turtles >:( ;D