Author Topic: Halloween Biters 10/31  (Read 4025 times)

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
Halloween Biters 10/31
« on: December 10, 2022, 08:43:47 AM »
This was a trip i had forgotten about for awhile but it's my last report for now because things died down once november came around other than a couple missed fish here and there.

Got to the beach earlier than usual with my friend and it was fairly grassy. Had to recast every 10-30 minutes or so but we did our best to fish through it. Tide was outgoing till around 11pm so any biters we would have would be later in the night.

Grass was clearing up and around 9pm my friend's rod goes off screaming with the first biter of the night. Was hoping it would be his first soupfin but it wasn't fighting good so started to think leopard. I go to land it in the skinny water and sure enough it has spots. Depressing. Took a couple pics and sent it back hoping that didn't happen again.

Couple hours later i cast a whole small bonito but i decided to only flick it about 40 yards into the first set of waves since longer 80ish yard casts were producing nothing. About 30 minutes after peak low my rod gets hammered on the short cast. Fighting pretty bad so i was not happy because i thought it was another leopard. Once it's in the skinny it started pulling harder and turned into a soupfin, just a small one at around 5.5ft or so. Got a nice picture with it and sent her back.

One last biter on my friends rod that spit the bait on the low incoming tide, but no more fish.

The bite in general died after this for a while. Although lately i have had a few opportunities at fish, just missed the bites.

10/31/22, Soupfin, *66 inches approx, Female, Bonito, 2ft surf, 65 degree water, low tide, waxing crescent moon, SD county
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 11:07:02 PM by Farmer_Joey »
Farmer's only

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween Biters 10/31
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 10:43:47 AM »
Here's the picture, congrats Joey

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 11:16:17 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 08:29:00 AM »
I've seen Shark Huggers before, but you might be the first Shark Kisser!   LOL

Nicely done boss on the Halloween treat!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 08:18:39 PM »
I've seen Shark Huggers before, but you might be the first Shark Kisser!   LOL

Nicely done boss on the Halloween treat!

I make love to every soupfin i catch if i remember to
Farmer's only