Author Topic: So MANY TROUT! (12/1)  (Read 1864 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
So MANY TROUT! (12/1)
« on: December 01, 2022, 05:55:01 PM »
They stocked yesterday and I was overwhelmed with how many decent trout were swimming around.  Only problem was getting them to commit as they all just wanted to kiss the bait. 

The fly guys really did the best and were the only ones who were steadily catching, and everyone else was just picking at them.

It was trout weather for sure, but they teased me more than anything.  I even walked away and soaked bait in another part of the lake for a bit for nothing, so went back and got teased over and over again.

At least I have something to put in the cooler.

Well, at least I'm finally getting these puddles figured out the past few years.  I'll be ready at the next plant or may have to try it again to see if they want to bite any better.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 06:19:38 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: So MANY TROUT! (12/1)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 06:46:35 PM »
 Mouse Tails were the hot ticket in Bishop along with Gulp Night Crawlers, they inhaled them ;)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 10:59:00 PM »
Just got word that they stocked the local ponds out here. The fly rod sounds like a fun idea. Good on ye getting one.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 04:15:30 AM »
Looks like a good way to spend some time, I haven't trout fished since I left Bishop in '97
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 08:01:59 AM »
Tom,
That's a beauty for sure!
Have you ever tried the clear cast-a-bubble with a long leader and fly at the end?
That set up works great in the high mountain lakes, or anywhere that flies are working but you only have spinning gear!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 11:37:26 AM »
Tom,
That's a beauty for sure!
Have you ever tried the clear cast-a-bubble with a long leader and fly at the end?
That set up works great in the high mountain lakes, or anywhere that flies are working but you only have spinning gear!

They are literarily 10' from shore, so no need for a casting bubble.  I'm reeling a Mike's spinner fly right through them and they come up to it and open their mouths, but don't close them in time.  Really weird, but I heard the day before they were snapping anything.  Of course, should have been there yesterday.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.