Author Topic: Thanksgiving Smoke  (Read 2531 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Thanksgiving Smoke
« on: November 25, 2022, 08:38:56 AM »
I usually cook one bird, but this time bought 2 smaller ones so I could smoke one and oven roast the other.  I've never cooked a Turkey on this particular smoker, so the oven one was a "Just in case" turkey.

Both came out great, but the smoking time on the turkey was WAY off from what I was reading on the internet.  It took a few more hours to smoke to temp than what it was supposed to be.

This was the first time my Granddaughter saw a raw turkey and was mesmerized by me sticking it with a needle.  lol

The laminar flow smoke wafted throughout the neighborhood courtesy of the Santa Ana's.

Dinner was served a few hours late, but everyone got to see which one they liked the best, and of course it was the smoked turkey.

We went cheap with disposable everything to limit the number of dishes, but no matter.  I was what the doctor ordered!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving Smoke
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 04:47:00 AM »
Between you and Tim, you guys could start your own cooking show   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:42:17 AM »
I can taste the picture!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 05:35:22 AM »
Looks awesome, your neighborhood got a real treat 8) What was the wood of choice this time ?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 06:19:11 AM »
Looks awesome, your neighborhood got a real treat 8) What was the wood of choice this time ?

It was all applewood, but I had to throw on some hotter oak at the very end of the cook since the applewood wasn't getting hot enough to raise the temp on the bird.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.