Author Topic: First Trout of the Season (11/21)  (Read 1657 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
First Trout of the Season (11/21)
« on: November 22, 2022, 05:32:43 PM »
Fished the Puddles of Santee.  There was a supposed plant in two lakes, but no one knew how many pounds were stocked and only looked at the stocking schedule on their monitor, but didn't really know if they did or not.

I set up and missed two little hits.  They deflated my nightcrawler, but never ripped it off the hook.

I kept seeing some pop up close to shore, but they wouldn't look at my baits, so i tied on one of my old secret weapons, the old spinner fly.  The trout weren't super active, but they couldn't resist the fly and hooked my first one.  It was smaller than a DFG so just swung him up and he dropped into the net.  To give you an idea on how small he was, he slipped through the netting and back in the water!  Doh!

I pulled out my GoPro which was in my truck from yesterday as I wanted to see if I could record them swimming around.  I saw a few more swim by and like magic, the fly did it again and this one didn't slip through the net.  Not big, but more like a DFG.

I wound up giving him to a kid as it wasn't enough for a meal for myself and he was pretty stoked.  I told him to tell his dad he caught it.  LOL

Well, Thanksfishing is a few days away, so I'm going to try and get as much fishing in as possible since my road trip got cancelled.

Thanks for reading!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: First Trout of the Season (11/21)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 11:20:00 PM »
Thanksfishing…I see myself celebrating that same holiday what with all work schedules slowing this week. Turds, trout, what else you gonna celebrate with??

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 03:51:05 AM »
Inflated nightcrawlers, brings back memories
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 07:25:18 PM »
Crickets work great for trout too. That kid was a happy camper 8)