Author Topic: Soaking the SK (11/16)  (Read 4512 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Soaking the SK (11/16)
« on: November 17, 2022, 05:38:13 PM »
I can make this one short and put a few pics up, but I'm at work and will just give a quick synopsis.

Spent too many hours at the bar, so casting down at the beach was a little sloppy to say the least.  I was getting a fair number of junk bites, so got to use a few of my mackerel.

Water was pretty chilly, I'm not sure what the temp was, but it felt around 61-ish.  No Salad.  3-4' swell and wind from the NE at 10-15mph.

Steve doesn't even put a glow stick on so he's just waiting for a clicker while I'm being tortured from all the wiggles of the green light.

I finally see a bounce that is much bigger than a wiggle and get him hooked!  Not much of a fight, but got a 2' leopard shark.

I forgot my license so made a walk up to the truck and back since I saw the rangers rolling through.  They looked like they were going to check, but I think remembered us and just rolled by.

Meanwhile I went to talk to Steve and realize he took a nap the whole time! Well, maybe not the whole time, but it was pretty damn comfortable in those chairs with a belly full of booze.  lol

That was it.  Steve and I were happy to fish early because it was dark, but where are the damn real sharks!  It may be time to try out some more NorthSD spots.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
Re: Soaking the SK (11/16)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 06:50:35 PM »
That beach has been pretty hit or miss but i had a couple good nights there this year. Bouncing from spot to spot has been the most productive way of getting bit down there, sometimes fishing 3 beaches in the same night
Farmer's only

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 08:09:40 PM »
Dude. I was passed the f@ck out. Still stopped for a beer on the way home.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 08:38:56 PM »
Booze and a nap on the sand, that's a relaxing evening :)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 03:51:44 AM »
While reading, when I saw you say the 'real bounce' I got all excited.  I have no idea where they have gone, I'm thinking of taking a trip north myself   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »
2 feet of shark is better than no feet of shark.