Author Topic: Wishy Washy (11/13)  (Read 2477 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Wishy Washy (11/13)
« on: November 13, 2022, 03:23:54 PM »
Without too much backstory, the household was quite chaotic this past week.  I resorted to spend my Saturday night in the garage drinking so I might be able to get some sleep.  No plan what-so-ever to fish Sunday.

Woke up at 6am realizing I need to get out of the house today, but marine weather was 4' @7sec which is terrible especially if you add the wind waves.  I went back and forth a number of times between lakes, Bay, and then settled on taking the boat out in the bay for a few hours.

Plan was to try and catch a bunch of bass and then bounce ball the bay looking for halibut.  I had to be back by 1:00 to get my daughter, so this would be as fast as a boat trip I've ever done.

Launched at De Anza cove because of the high tide.  Bums everywhere and I locked my truck and took my boat keys between the whole launching thing.

Sad to see the old island all dilapidated and ready to be turned into some modern "Traffic/Crowd Magnet".

Of course there was some type of Stroker Event in the bay, so most of my usual spots were taken up with big red and green floating buoys with a boat ready to yell at you that a race is going on.

I tried casting and trolling a deep diver and had some success...

After the second, I went back to casting plastics.

I had some fun on the light bass gear.  I lost a few, but most were some pretty nice bass.

I decided to run to the inlet and bounce ball up and down until I found a big flatty.  As I was making my first troll, I was standing on the bow and heard a clicker!  Damn rod in the back was bouncing!  You can guess, I'm not sure when it dropped, but by the time my eyes looked back up from trying not to trip over the gear in the boat, it was gone.  It was very exciting though and I had high hopes.  2 hours of going up and down the channel... nothing and I had to hurry and get back to the ramp.  I made one quick stop and lost 3 bass in a row, so I figured I was out and done for the day.

Amazingly, I pulled it all off and got my daughter in time, all with a hangover.  Cheers I guess.  lol

Thanks for reading and it's time to get some surf sharks!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Wishy Washy (11/13)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 03:09:59 AM »
Amazingly, I pulled it all off and got my daughter in time, all with a hangover.  Cheers I guess.  lol

Well done Thomas   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 05:19:47 AM »
The Spotties are always fun to catch, never gets old. The Hali loss is a bummer :( Seems like the Homies at the Ramps are getting out of hand, I always keep my head on a swivel   >:(

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 07:49:15 AM »
Nice quick session Tom!
Hope things settle down soon for you.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 08:14:47 AM »
That was my retirement spot.

Wake up, push the tin boat i9n the water and go fishing everyday.

I hate "progress."
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 12:45:21 PM »
Nice quick session, couple real nice spotties in the mix.