Author Topic: Keeping My Germs to Myself (11/8)  (Read 1555 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Keeping My Germs to Myself (11/8)
« on: November 09, 2022, 06:54:44 AM »
So my wife and daughter didn't want to catch whatever cold bug I had and I called out sick from work.  Well, I still worked, but only did what needed to be done remotely.  I figured I would coop myself up in the truck and watch a rod soak PB and INC while I kicked back the seat and tried to rest.

First spot in a few hours and not even a bump.  I did have a few guys who were trout stalking the shoreline roll up to my truck and introduce themselves, which was cool, but it was time to check out another lake. 

It was windy as hell, so I had weighted bobbers on both of my line as strike indicators and to get the wind bow out of my lines.  I was just laying back listening to music and just staring at the bobber, when it dropped and then shot straight up to the guide!  Fish On!  No Net!  Damn it!

I realized after about 10 seconds it was a catfish and not a trout so took my time seeing I was using 2# test line that hasn't been changed in a year.  After a long battle and a grappling match at the water's edge, I got this big old ugly frog looking thing.

I went home after this as I had some Teams Meetings and then got kicked out again so I could keep my germs in the house to a minimum.  At this point it was really raining and the wind was gusting.  I went back to try and get my trout, this time armed with a net.

I couldn't believe how many people were fishing in the rain down there!  I just stayed warm and dry in the truck while I soaked for nada...

I moved to spot B where I caught the big cat, but that corner was now crowded so I moved to an area that I usually don't get to fish due to it being a popular spot.

I was talking with Dave on the phone and lost 4 or 5 fish.  I couldn't tell what they were as they would drop the bait as I was setting the hook.  Finally, I got one of the little buggers to stick...

Next cast and I got an even smaller kitty!  They were all black which was weird.  I usually associate this with being in those ponds for a long time, otherwise they are stocker olive color.

The ranger was making his final round to kick everyone out when I got another hit.  This one was about 3 times the size of that dink I caught yesterday.  Figures the bite picks up the minute they are kicking everyone out!

Anyway, no trout again, but I couldn't think of a better way to keep my germs to myself for the better part of the day.  Today, back to the grind armed with my mask.  No one wants to hear me cough.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping My Germs to Myself (11/8)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
Nice cat on 2#!  Must have been fun!
Feel better soon Tom!

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 01:58:12 PM »
The Cat King!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 07:25:33 PM »
Another bug going around, hope you shake it soon. The big cat looks Prehistoric ;D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 03:09:22 PM »
Nice session despite all odds!