Author Topic: Biter on 10/8  (Read 4668 times)

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
Biter on 10/8
« on: November 04, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
Decided to head down south and got to the beach with my dad around the start of sunset and got baits out right as the sun was going down. Conditions seemed good at first, good incoming tide and minimal salad although that didn't last long.

I only had to wait about half an hour when at around 7:30 my bait gets slammed. Definite soupfin, but half way into the fight it gets lazy but heavy. When we get it into the surf we see why, it's wrapped up like a burrito inside a massive ball of kelp. We land the fish, take it out of the salad monster, took one pic and released it.

Seemed like we were going to be having a pretty productive night, but that was it. After a couple hours the salad started rolling in pretty thick so we packed up a little early and headed home.

I have quite a few other reports that are a little more exiciting than this one on the way as well so stay tuned for those.

10/8/2022, Soupfin, *70 inches approx, female, mackerel, 1-2ft surf, incoming, waxing gibbous, sd county
Farmer's only

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Biter on 10/8
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 08:50:23 AM »
Once again, congrats my man.  Here's the fish

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 09:33:30 AM »
Thanks verne. Also water temp was 68 for this one if you want to start adding that
Farmer's only

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 09:00:26 PM »
Awesome Boss!  I'll get that up on the list this weekend. 

Nice Soupie and love the reports as I can't buy a bite from a soupie or seven this fall so far.  I did catch a bunch of fresh bait, so that may help over the year-old mackerel from my freezer I've been using.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 06:50:13 AM »
 Nice one !

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 09:23:26 AM »
Awesome Boss!  I'll get that up on the list this weekend. 

Nice Soupie and love the reports as I can't buy a bite from a soupie or seven this fall so far.  I did catch a bunch of fresh bait, so that may help over the year-old mackerel from my freezer I've been using.

This fall has been very productive but having fresh bait and timing the tides have been critical in getting bit. This storm we just had seems to have killed the bite but we'll see how things go. If it continues like this and the soupie bite doesnt recover, i think it's time to head a few hours north for winter sevengills on dropped baits
Farmer's only

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 11:46:52 AM »
Another nice one!