Author Topic: Church of Salty Feet (8/13)  (Read 2816 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Church of Salty Feet (8/13)
« on: August 14, 2022, 05:04:35 PM »
I needed to get to my feet wet and only had a few hours to kill, so hit the surf armed with 6" Yozuri plugs, Tady 45's and 6" MC's with weedless heads.  I was targeting WSB, Bigger Butts, and YT.  It was a longshot I know, but you never know if you don't try.

It was super low tide, but that meant casting to the edge was a little bit easier.  There was some grass and kelp, but not terrible and the water was fairly nice, maybe high 60's.

I worked my way for a LONG way before I hit the reef.  Unfortunately the reef was really shallow and really grassy so the Yozuri wasn't very efficient.  I switched to the weedless swimbait and kept getting snagged on the reef.  One time though as I pulled it out, I felt it pull back!  Yes!

Nothing huge, but I was happy to get a 16" calico.

I worked my way all the way back and only saw a couple of Beans and some round rays.  Talked to a guy fishing who caught a YFC and had a short drag ripper.  Not much going on, but I was satisfied and got back before anyone realized I forgot to pay the Iron Ranger.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Salty Feet (8/13)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 10:16:39 PM »
Bravo... I've been trying to pull a bigger surf bass for weeks and you casually stroll along a pluck one out!  8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 03:08:48 AM »
You got out, you got bit, and you didn't get a ticket.  Life is good my man   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 06:21:55 AM »
 You need one of them fancy license plates and parking is free ;D Nice Calico  8)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 10:19:15 AM »
Sounds like a really pleasant use of time. Some tuna erupted outside the surf line recently which makes a surf YT sound like a reasonable ask.