Author Topic: Bact to Bishop  (Read 1820 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Bact to Bishop
« on: August 04, 2022, 09:25:56 PM »
 The Twins will be going back to school soon and it was our Anniversary (33 years :o) so I planned another trip up the hill to Bishop. We loaded the Hearse like last time and stayed at the same Hotel since it was so nice. We were able to park right outside our room to load and unload, very convenient 8)

The place is nice to just walk around the grounds and enjoy the peace and quiet :)

Enough of the Hotel, time to chase trout ;D We headed up towards South Lake area and fished Bishop Creek again since it was recently stocked. Once again, Myles lands the first one 8)

The mosquitoes fell in love with my legs despite putting repellent on them, so we moved to another spot where they stocked as well. Only 1 player there :(
ftp://

Gotta keep searching and there are unlimited areas to fish, streams everywhere so you just pull over and scout the area 8) Rods are always at the ready :D

Thunder Showers were in the forecast so it was time to head down the hill before it got nasty. Still hot in town, anywhere from 97 to 100 compared to 70 up on the hill. Lets go for a walk and check out the local Tackle Shop, it's not going to rain down here  ::) ::)

Next it was time to check out Pleasant Valley Reservoir, just outside of Bishop about 10 minutes or so. You can park close to it and then walk up the hill about a quarter mile to access the Dam. As we arrived the wind was howling and the water was really low, not fishing friendly so we walked back down and fished the river below, no love there either :o

The next day, I forget what day it is by now, 2 or 3, we get some Intel about some ponds out some dirt road that are good fishing spots. Not really what I want to do in the Escalade, and these spots always seem to be a wild goose chase ::) :( Not to mention these dirt roads have no signage either ??? After 1 1/2 hours on some washboarded road, I had enough and the rest of the family was getting Pissy, especially Janie cause I ran out of patience  :-\  I remembered my buddy telling me the Canal behind the Vons grocery store was a hot spot, so we went there and found some players  8)

Janie and the Twins got quite a few as well, all pan sized but great fun on 4 and 6 Lb. gear :) 8)

Almost forgot, we did venture up to The Owens River above Crowley Lake, Max wanted to Fly Fish again. It looked promising but it was practice only  ;D ;D

Myles scored again with this Beauty :o

We finally found a Honey Hole in between raindrops and we got about 5 hours of nonstop action ! A few Dinks in the mix but most were keepers, it was great to see the boys enjoy the outdoors and have a blast  8) 8) Max got a few on the Fly Rod and a ton on the spinning gear so he was happy  :)

Myles and I were on them too :D

The scenery was epic and we had the meadow all to ourselves  8) 8)

Family pic

We came home 2 days early cause the forecast was ugly, more Thunder Showers with Flash Flood warnings >:(  Lightning too :( :(  Can't fish in that mess so we hit the road and Somehow ended up at Bass Pro ;D ;D After Janie got her fill of shopping ;D we had a nice lunch and made it home safe and sound, Our dog, Mongo was glad to see us 8)

Hope I didn't bore you too much. I plan on picking up the boat from the shop ASAP so my next report should be in the Saltwater category :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 06:41:10 AM by Tim524 »

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Bact to Bishop
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 07:35:59 AM »
Your Owens Valley reports always make me homesick, but love them just the same.  My daughters use to 'crawdad' in PV right at that spot, and I fished that canal during my 30 minute lunch break for years.  Thanks for sharing Tim
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 08:36:23 AM »
I need to get the Intel from you as I definitely need to get up there with the family. That looks just like what the doctor ordered.

Great report Tim!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 04:28:58 PM »
Got all kinds of flavors of trout! Looks like an awesome trip.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 01:02:11 PM »
Nice trip, great to see the feet in the mud wading out.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)