Author Topic: Bat Cave Skunk  (Read 2416 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Bat Cave Skunk
« on: July 23, 2022, 07:51:32 AM »
 Well, the Twins wanted to try The Bat Cave while they are still out of school. I called my Dad to see if he wanted to go as well (his health has been declining the last couple of years) He was up for the challenge so we set up shop at the usual spot. Low tide when we arrived at 10am and high tide was at 6pm. We soaked Mac heads, Squid and tossed around some swim baits on the bass gear too. Not even a nibble :o Nothing picked at our bait and no love on the swimmies either, oh well, it was a relaxing Friday anyway 8)

Left the back window open on The Hearse, it was warm

Dad got around pretty well in the sand with his bad knees

The Twins fished the Swim Baits non stop for 6 hours :)

After all the casting practice, I finally called it a day. My shoulders were already sore from Physical Therapy and now they were toast ??? It was good to chill with my Dad on a mellow day, I only had to scream and go off on one lady on a Jet Ski >:(  You know how they are, and she was wearing a mask ::) ::) that explains it right there  ;D Hope everyone has a great weekend 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Bat Cave Skunk
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 10:17:53 AM »
A day on the sand with family, can't beat it (catching would have been a little better)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 09:03:37 PM »
Nice mellow day. The critters have annexed themselves to faraway lands. Jet ski lady should follow suit.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 08:03:42 AM »
Well damn...  The Bat Cave seems to have been abandoned the last few years. Time to start looking where they all went before the next bat fight.

Awesome time with the family though!  You got to love the kids desire to catch fish with 6 hours straight casting!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 07:22:59 PM »
quiet day on the sand is killer.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)