Author Topic: Mission Bay Report (5/29)  (Read 1907 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Mission Bay Report (5/29)
« on: May 29, 2022, 09:12:46 AM »
Got down to the bay just after sunrise and tossed the LC looking for a corvina or Butt.  I didn't want to throw the plastic for bass as I wanted to target something a little different.
Figured there would be quite a crowd gathering, but even more than expected setting up on the beaches getting ready for the day.  I pretty much just went to any beach where the wind was at my back.

Wind was pretty stiff from the south.  Water was pretty much clean with some grass.  Cast a thousand times for not a single bite.  Moved to another part of the bay and it was overrun by bums.  Drove around the island and got some good fishing time in, but couldn't get anything to go on the spook or LC.  Closest thing to a fish I saw this morning was a few mullet and a dead butterfly.

I stuck to my guns and stayed away from the plastics since it was a trip with a mission.  Island started to have more and more people coming on, so I called it quits early and got an early start home than usual. 

I was supposed to be BFT fishing today, but the small craft advisory kept me home.  I'm sure my buddy would have still gone, but I wasn't about to get the crap kicked out of me in this wind and swell period.

Funny, It was sunny at the beach, but cloudy inland at my house.  That is not usual....

Thanks for reading.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Mission Bay Report (5/29)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 01:36:43 PM »
Same bay same game plan same result for me this morning.  :D I blame the gin clear water.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 07:39:28 PM »
 I am surprised you went at all :o Figured both bays would be a sh*t show so I stayed home. This wind and swell hopefully dies soon, I should have got into kite surfing instead  :-\ ;D

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 04:02:31 AM »
This wind and swell hopefully dies soon, I should have got into kite surfing instead  :-
              ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 11:39:42 AM »
Worth a shot! Think I’ll hit the surf this week with the LC to see what’s up.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 08:58:19 AM »
Sign of an old man is not going fishing because it is too windy.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)