Author Topic: Tuesday Night Report: A Week Late (3/22)  (Read 2484 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Tuesday Night Report: A Week Late (3/22)
« on: March 23, 2022, 06:27:52 AM »
I was able to get out early enough to meet Steve at the bar for some drinks and food before heading down to the surf.  I stopped by beforehand to gauge the conditions and found the beach packed, with plenty of string and thong bikinis!

This hour shift is a real pain in the ass, but we decided to head down a little early and fish a less packed part of the beach before sliding down to the shark spot.

The thongs were gone as the sun dropped, but bikinis turned into yoga pants by this point.

Steve gets a SCREAMER!  He finally gets to his rod and after a few cranks, it drops the bait!  That got the blood pressure up!  It's been a while since we heard a screaming clicker like that.

He rebaits and tosses it back out to the same zone...

Total repeat with ANOTHER SCREAMER!  Same exact thing happens as the last lost fish... and I haven't even got a sniff yet!  Well, I did reel in a few missing baits, but never had my line start peeling out.

A little later and I see Steve stand up and walk down to his rod.  He starts reeling in a ton of slack line and it seems apparent that he's finally on.  Just then I hear the Scream of MY reel this time!  That's a sound I haven't heard in all of 2022!

I was trying to hope it into a Leopard Shark, but knew it was a bat ray.  Realized we were a week out from the SNBF and they were finally out to play.
Not bad as they were in the low to mid 40" mark which would have crushed a win for SNBF-XV!  LOL

I realized that Squatch was on also as we fought a double header from the surf.  Spittin images!

Things started to cool down, or I should say, people left and I was itching to move down to the shark spot.  Steve and I leap frogged a few surf spots down for nothing.  Plenty of red tide out there making the waves blue, but nothing in the way of bites.  If we didn't head down early to fish, it would have been another night of a skunking!

Cop pulled someone over and those bright lights were really annoying.  I think they must be using High Beam Cherries/Blueberries these days.

They finally left after what seemed like a 20 minute traffic stop, but that didn't change our luck.  We stuck around until 9:30 and called it quits. 
It was a successful night even though we didn't get any sharks.  It just felt great to hear a screaming clicker again and actually fight something that could pull back!

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday Night Report: A Week Late (3/22)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 09:22:15 AM »
Lights these days are out of control. Brighter isn’t better, most of the time I can’t see due to oncoming LED lights, especially in my sedan.

Congrats on getting tight. Even if it was a week late lol.
Keep it tight

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
 The screaming clicker never gets old, glad you walked away without the stripe 8)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 01:45:53 PM »
Fun to hear the clicker scream. Kinda glad not to have gotten those other two bats.

After two dropped fish, I replaced my dull rubber hook with a sharp metal one. Did the trick.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 08:54:22 PM »
Good to see some action!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 03:34:57 AM »
You two are headed in the correct direction, next will be the 'right' kind   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 10:25:59 AM »
Fun to hear the clicker scream. Kinda glad not to have gotten those other two bats.

After two dropped fish, I replaced my dull rubber hook with a sharp metal one. Did the trick.

Keep a close eye on Tom. He is sneaky enough to change your hook to give him a better chance of winning!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 12:13:35 PM »

Keep a close eye on Tom. He is sneaky enough to change your hook to give him a better chance of winning!

I keep a file in my pocket at all times.   ;D

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 04:41:00 PM »
I was able to get out early enough to meet Steve at the bar for some drinks and food before heading down to the surf.  I stopped by beforehand to gauge the conditions and found the beach packed, with plenty of string and thong bikinis!

This hour shift is a real pain in the ass, but we decided to head down a little early and fish a less packed part of the beach before sliding down to the shark spot.

The thongs were gone as the sun dropped, but bikinis turned into yoga pants by this point.

Steve gets a SCREAMER!  He finally gets to his rod and after a few cranks, it drops the bait!  That got the blood pressure up!  It's been a while since we heard a screaming clicker like that.

He rebaits and tosses it back out to the same zone...

Total repeat with ANOTHER SCREAMER!  Same exact thing happens as the last lost fish... and I haven't even got a sniff yet!  Well, I did reel in a few missing baits, but never had my line start peeling out.

A little later and I see Steve stand up and walk down to his rod.  He starts reeling in a ton of slack line and it seems apparent that he's finally on.  Just then I hear the Scream of MY reel this time!  That's a sound I haven't heard in all of 2022!

I was trying to hope it into a Leopard Shark, but knew it was a bat ray.  Realized we were a week out from the SNBF and they were finally out to play.
Not bad as they were in the low to mid 40" mark which would have crushed a win for SNBF-XV!  LOL

I realized that Squatch was on also as we fought a double header from the surf.  Spittin images!

Things started to cool down, or I should say, people left and I was itching to move down to the shark spot.  Steve and I leap frogged a few surf spots down for nothing.  Plenty of red tide out there making the waves blue, but nothing in the way of bites.  If we didn't head down early to fish, it would have been another night of a skunking!

Cop pulled someone over and those bright lights were really annoying.  I think they must be using High Beam Cherries/Blueberries these days.

They finally left after what seemed like a 20 minute traffic stop, but that didn't change our luck.  We stuck around until 9:30 and called it quits. 
It was a successful night even though we didn't get any sharks.  It just felt great to hear a screaming clicker again and actually fight something that could pull back!

Thanks for reading!

Congrats!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 08:53:51 PM »
Keep them bats busy for me!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 05:27:18 AM »
Keep them bats busy for me!!

The surfs been up every Tuesday lately so we've been pretty quiet.  Hopefully things lay down here again for a bit so we could try to start targeting the MIA sharks.  Spencer hasn't been seeing many of them either, so I'm wondering if they're cruising around a little deeper these days?