Author Topic: Post Bat Fight Redeeming Fish (3/13)  (Read 2268 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Post Bat Fight Redeeming Fish (3/13)
« on: March 13, 2022, 06:18:50 PM »
Donfish left this morning and I had a bunch of things to do to get ready for the new job tomorrow.  My wife wanted to take a walk down at the lakes, but I needed to fish and more accurately, catch to wipe the cloud away from my only fish yesterday, a 3' guitarfish.
So I set up to fish and my wife walked around all the lakes a few times.  She even stopped at the Tin Fish and picked us up some mimosa's as she was actually hanging out a little in the beautiful weather while I was trout wishing.

I had a big bite on the inflated night crawler, but as I started to get the line tight on him, the hook popped out.  Most likely just had the end of the worm in it's mouth.

Not long after and I missed one on the powerbait!  The bait was smashed, but never got a barb near it.  I was thinking that I wouldn't get one but my wife said "I think you're getting bit" and this time I got him! 19" trout!

I got a second not too long after on the powerbait and it was a little smaller in length, but pretty damn thick!

That was enough for me, so called it quits by noon.  I cleaned the trout up and to my surprise, they too were also a beautiful orange!

I also noticed that the smaller one had half a senko in its belly!

Well beautiful meat to add to the other few and the smoker will be going sometime this week for sure!

Time to get some Bat Fight pictures up on the site and then prep for the new job tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Post Bat Fight Redeeming Fish (3/13)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 08:55:12 PM »
Going to try and get the trophy before work this week....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 07:22:03 AM »
No food coloring required  ;D

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 07:50:32 PM »
Donfish left this morning and I had a bunch of things to do to get ready for the new job tomorrow.  My wife wanted to take a walk down at the lakes, but I needed to fish and more accurately, catch to wipe the cloud away from my only fish yesterday, a 3' guitarfish.
So I set up to fish and my wife walked around all the lakes a few times.  She even stopped at the Tin Fish and picked us up some mimosa's as she was actually hanging out a little in the beautiful weather while I was trout wishing.

I had a big bite on the inflated night crawler, but as I started to get the line tight on him, the hook popped out.  Most likely just had the end of the worm in it's mouth.

Not long after and I missed one on the powerbait!  The bait was smashed, but never got a barb near it.  I was thinking that I wouldn't get one but my wife said "I think you're getting bit" and this time I got him! 19" trout!

I got a second not too long after on the powerbait and it was a little smaller in length, but pretty damn thick!

That was enough for me, so called it quits by noon.  I cleaned the trout up and to my surprise, they too were also a beautiful orange!

I also noticed that the smaller one had half a senko in its belly!

Well beautiful meat to add to the other few and the smoker will be going sometime this week for sure!

Time to get some Bat Fight pictures up on the site and then prep for the new job tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

I hope you kept those intestines. Great Channel cat bait.