Author Topic: Boneyard Tales out today!  (Read 5498 times)

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Boneyard Tales out today!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2022, 06:12:22 AM »
Michael,
Just ordered my signed copy!  Can't wait to read it!

Awesome, Chad, appreciate the support. My wife has been helping me with the signed mailouts, and she said it went out yesterday. I hope you find something new in there you like, and enjoy revisiting some old stories.

Now that this book is under my belt, I'm sorta scratching my head wondering what to do next. On a fishing forum, I think you all can appreciate what I came up with: go fishing! (once we get above freezing, lol)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2022, 08:48:31 AM »
So, I've been a little slow getting to the stories.  I swear every time I start reading is just before bed and I fall asleep.  My last day at work is tomorrow, so I will have some time to enjoy life and chill with the book.  I'm the first story in and let me say that you are quite a good writer!  I've been trying to write a book for the last 10 years (Based on a pictorial story I drew up) and wish I had half the talent as you.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2022, 08:21:26 AM »
So, I've been a little slow getting to the stories.  I swear every time I start reading is just before bed and I fall asleep.  My last day at work is tomorrow, so I will have some time to enjoy life and chill with the book.  I'm the first story in and let me say that you are quite a good writer!  I've been trying to write a book for the last 10 years (Based on a pictorial story I drew up) and wish I had half the talent as you.

Tx for the kind words, Tom. I struggle with the same thing in the evenings, whether trying to read, watch a movie, or whatever. I thought only 80-year-olds fell asleep on the couch at 9pm and now that's me in my 40s, ha, ha.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your book/pictorial. Just keep picking at it. The most important thing is to show up every day or at least most days, even if it's just five minutes of writing. After all, a page a day equals a book a year.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2022, 09:48:14 AM »
So I'm 4 stories in and realize something... Mike has a little bit of south of heaven in him. LoL
Great stuff so far Mike!

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 08:35:12 AM »
So I'm 4 stories in and realize something... Mike has a little bit of south of heaven in him. LoL
Great stuff so far Mike!

Yes indeed, yes indeed. There's some unsettling stuff in there. I got a little warped in the head practicing criminal law for so long, and then reading too much Steve King/Chuck Palahniuk.

But there are some happy endings, just not many, lol.

Thanks for the read and comments, Tom.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2022, 02:29:06 PM »
Happy to report that we sold enough of BYT to justify a hardcover, which was released last month. Check out the fantastic cover art a buddy of mine did for this new edition:

Take a closer look at what the creepy bison-skeleton creature is reading:

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for your support with my collection earlier this year. 

Tight lines,

mdcesq

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2022, 08:56:06 PM »
Congrats Mike!  That's so awesome!!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2022, 07:35:37 AM »
Right on!
I've enjoyed reading mine and look forward to reading them to the kids as they get older!
That new cover art is cool  8)

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 10:02:58 AM »
Thanks for your support guys. It's been a fun adventure.

Good idea, Chad, might want to wait a few years before reading them my disturbing content, lol.  ;D  Glad you're enjoying it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:04:54 AM by mdcesq »