Author Topic: Boneyard Tales out today!  (Read 5670 times)

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Boneyard Tales out today!
« on: January 25, 2022, 10:12:56 AM »

Hey guys, I finally put together a collection of my flash fiction and had it published by a small press in Texas. It's out today (print available in U.S. only but lots of eBook options).

https://linktr.ee/boneyardtales

I have quite a few fishing stories in there and some taking place in CA. That's not me on the cover, but rather one of my characters (and yes, that's a fly rod in his hand!).

Check out the terrifying trailer an editor friend made for me. Not every story in the collection is scary, but the trailer sure captures those that are.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KFVdes2Dv8TXswWJwHBddQYeaopp974/view?usp=sharing

Proceeds will be donated to the Shriners Children's Hospitals in Spokane, Washington, & Galveston, Texas, USA. Thanks to all of you who have supported my writing in the past, and thank you Tom for allowing me to post this.

I hope you are all well in CA. Beware the man with little yellow teeth in the boneyard!

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Boneyard Tales out today!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 09:50:47 PM »
 Going to a good cause, cool  8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 03:40:51 AM »
Done   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 04:48:47 AM »
Going to a good cause, cool  8)

Done   8)

8)

Many thanks for your support guys. Spent some time in both hospitals and I'm always looking for new ways to give back. Hope you find something you like in my quicky batch of strange stories.

;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 05:03:01 AM »
Great trailer!  I'm looking forward to reading it!

Thanks Mike!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 01:26:03 PM »
Great trailer!  I'm looking forward to reading it!

Thanks Mike!

Thanks again for letting me post!

Yeah, when I first saw the trailer, it legitimately scared me. Hopefully some of the stories can live up to it!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 07:41:47 AM »
This is great Michael!  Stoked for you!
I loved the trailer  :D

Every couple of months I search around for new stuff from you, love reading it and can't wait to get the paperback!

I'm not in CA anymore, finally got out and  moved to north Idaho, not too far from you.  Only had the flyrod out once so far, but plan to do a lot more this summer.

Glad you're doing well!

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 02:20:46 PM »
This is great Michael!  Stoked for you!
I loved the trailer  :D

Every couple of months I search around for new stuff from you, love reading it and can't wait to get the paperback!

I'm not in CA anymore, finally got out and  moved to north Idaho, not too far from you.  Only had the flyrod out once so far, but plan to do a lot more this summer.

Glad you're doing well!

Thanks for keeping up with the pubs and your continued support, Chad. It was slow last year with only six new stories, but that's because I was so consumed with the collection. Now that it's out, I think I need a nap and then it will be back to writing!

I remember you mentioning the relocation to Northern Idaho, Cd'A, correct? I need to make a trip over to Spokane, probably this summer, to see my mom and will pass through the panhandle. I'll let you know when I make the trip and perhaps we can get the fly rods out or just have a cold beer!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 07:48:34 AM »
Thanks for keeping up with the pubs and your continued support, Chad. It was slow last year with only six new stories, but that's because I was so consumed with the collection. Now that it's out, I think I need a nap and then it will be back to writing!

I remember you mentioning the relocation to Northern Idaho, Cd'A, correct? I need to make a trip over to Spokane, probably this summer, to see my mom and will pass through the panhandle. I'll let you know when I make the trip and perhaps we can get the fly rods out or just have a cold beer!

Yes, CDA.  That would be great Michael, let me know when you're heading this way!

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 03:11:41 PM »
Yes, CDA.  That would be great Michael, let me know when you're heading this way!

Will do. I'll be in Butte for a book signing in May, and possibly Missoula after that. I know both places are still a ways from CDA, but if you're heading east during that time, might work.

A teaser from the collection, out today in one of my favorite journals (based loosely on a time when a camping buddy and I almost froze to death!):

https://tinyurl.com/3dkhmz3y

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 10:32:25 AM »
Thanks for the teaser Michael!  I loved it!
That took a different turn that your others and I liked the surprise, well done!

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 08:52:22 AM »
Thanks for the teaser Michael!  I loved it!
That took a different turn that your others and I liked the surprise, well done!

Tx, Chad. Yep, occasionally I do some happy endings. Otherwise it just gets too depressing, lol.  ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »
I got my copy Mike!  I'm going to start reading it tonight Boss!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 02:31:31 PM »
I got my copy Mike!  I'm going to start reading it tonight Boss!

Awesome! 8) Glad it made it safe and sound. I hope you enjoy your visit to the boneyard!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 07:41:31 AM »
Michael,
Just ordered my signed copy!  Can't wait to read it!