Author Topic: Sous Vide Prime Rib  (Read 2532 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Sous Vide Prime Rib
« on: January 03, 2022, 05:25:59 AM »
As I stated in the General forum, that this was my first time cooking with a Sous Vide.  I got a hold of a beautiful 4# piece of prime rib and decided to give it a shot.
I was going to cook it on Saturday, but didn't realize it would take about 8 hours to cook and I wasn't prepared, so made the move to Sunday instead.

I did pre-season a bit prior to vacuum sealing the meat even though the recipe I got said it was not needed.

I made a compound butter for the roasting part at the end and didn't want to skimp on what seems like a really important part of the process.

While it cooked, I went out clamming.....

I got back to get it out in time and prep it for the roaster.

Holy hell did it look good, but all that butter was surely going to make it bad for my cholesterol.

Carved the ribs out carefully and made some big one pound cuts with the big meat knife that Jim hooked me up with a few years ago.

Wife said it was probably some of the best prime rib she's had and I couldn't agree more!  Looks like I'll be trying this with Fillet, Tri-tip as well as a bunch of other meats next!  The Sous Vide machine I got was under $100 and I didn't go crazy with any of the extras, but used what i had in the kitchen to see if I liked it.  Yep, I liked it.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Sous Vide Prime Rib
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 07:11:57 AM »
That looks really good 8) 8) Never seen this before, a whole different style of cooking :)

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Sous Vide Prime Rib
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 09:44:28 AM »
I am coming right over for my slice!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)