Author Topic: The South Gulf Coast Adventures (Sanibel, Captiva, Fort Meyers & Bonita Springs)  (Read 2685 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
We took small trips between spending time with my folks and grand mother to soak in as much as we could.  Let me say, I forgot how beautiful the beaches are down there and it was KILLING ME that I didn't have a rod handy.

First stop was a must...

Just like piers out here... they were crowded and full of crazies here too.  lol

It was beautiful down there... and my wife and daughter enjoyed every minute of our small trips to the beach.

We passed a bunch of trees filled with roosting pelicans... I don't think I've ever seen this before....

Everyday, we hit a new beach...  One of my favorites was actually Lover's Key.  We dumped my daughter with Grandma to go shopping so we could enjoy some quiet time and get some coctails and lunch on the water somewhere.

Lunch was quite expensive, but the food was incredible and the scenery was stellar.

We really  packed in quite a bit on our short trip out of there.  I'm so glad we got out when we did also since a storm came through the area and tornadoes touched down along the route to the airport which would have made us have to find an alternate route to catch our flight.  We made it in the nick of time...

Well, Thanks for reading.  So much went on in a short amount of time that It's tough to even align it all in a story.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
It's only money and it looks like it was well spent.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
The only fish on that sign I don't have are menhaden, goliath grouper, and sawfish.  ::)

Dark_Knight_9C1

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great trip. And your timing was perfect missing the tornadoes.

Going to Florida to fish is on my wish list, especially after seeing Bens catches. 8)

-Keith

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Nice trip, the sand is pretty white compared to our beaches 8)