Author Topic: Another Sewer Monster, and Hello to an Old Friend 08/13  (Read 2917 times)

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
Another Sewer Monster, and Hello to an Old Friend 08/13
« on: August 13, 2021, 09:40:47 PM »
Went to go pick up some odds and ends for thresher fishing again tomorrow. Asked Pat if he wanted to hit up the spot I located near my house and we decided to give it an hour. Well it was a pretty eventful hour, I hooked up to the nice grade fish I caught a week ago and farmed it like a pro.
https://youtu.be/B4hlZsQJcuk
About 15 minutes after Pat is on, not much fight until it starts getting shallow, then it made it's size known, guy goes and outdoes me at my own backyard spot !

Also here is a pic of my first tilapia I caught earlier in the week at Lake Balboa (reclaimed water pond).

Gonna try an old producing beach we haven't fished in years, and most recent intel I got was that our T hopes and dreams may come true. Fingers crossed!

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Another Sewer Monster, and Hello to an Old Friend 08/13
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 12:14:28 AM »
Wow, a couple nice specimens out of little spots. I still need to get a tilapia, maybe I'll try over there. Somebody once told me there were Pacu in one of the LA city lakes and they'd eat fruit, but he was also trying to hard sell me on a religion at the same time so maybe he knew what I wanted to hear and was priming me....

Good luck at the new T spot!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 08:44:08 AM »
Wow!  That's a hell of a sewer kitty!  Sucker is dark too. Congrats.

...and hell of a tilapia to boot.  Prehistoric critters for sure.

I have a few places out here that I'm going to have to try for the hell of it.  Only bass fished some of these tiny pond off the river, but might try and soak some bait next time.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:45:41 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 09:17:14 AM »
You definitely should! Plus, who knows what people have dumped in those pools over the years! What makes these fish special as well is that a group of us in High School used to catch the local stockers and throw them in here, now over a decade later they have become solidly entrenched!