Author Topic: Trout Snatchers (12/10)  (Read 3607 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Trout Snatchers (12/10)
« on: December 10, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »
The only thing I can come up with is that all the birds ate all the trout today, leaving none for us to catch.  I mean, why else were we skunked?  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  hahahaha

Anyway, I finally got the old curmudgeon out on the Curmudgeon.  This morning was going to be different and Dave and I were going to get our limits today!  At least that was our hopes and plans.

The morning was frigid and there was very few people at the lake.  They haven't stocked trout in almost 2 weeks, so the pickens were probably going to be slim, but there were plenty of white pelicans on the lake, so we thought we might find one or two.

Not much on the meter as we circled the lake 2x this morning.

We tried trolling, jigging, fly lining... a bit of everything today.  The water was CRYSTAL clear!  I mean after the rain, I was expecting a little dirty. 
Only saw 2 bass today... one was about 2# and the other was a whopper around 6# or more!  We also saw two BIG Red Ear sunfish!  We tried fly lining worms on them, but nothing wanted anything today. 

It did give me time to take pictures of all the trout snatchers though.

We found some deep spots on our journey...

Finally saw someone with a fish on.  He thought it was a huge trout, but turned out to be a freshwater turd roller.

We got buzzed all morning by birds of a different feather also.

It was a super fun trip for what it was worth, but this summed up our fishing success.

Took a fancy shot of General Ursus and the Curmudgeon before bringing her home to clean up.  Man, freshwater messes up the boat more than salt water.  There was a scum line all around the boat and the water was so clear!  Inside the boat mess, was from a totally different reason.  hahahah

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Trout Snatchers (12/10)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 07:51:20 PM »
Dope nature shots!

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:44:30 PM »
Nice pics, too bad the fish were shy, but zero motor issues makes for a great day  :)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 01:39:22 PM »
Freshwater is gross! Nice bird photography.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 02:41:42 AM »
Awesome pictures Tom
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect