Author Topic: Slow start, finished happy  (Read 2471 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Slow start, finished happy
« on: July 08, 2021, 09:06:33 PM »
 We got to Shelter Island Ramp about 7:30 am and headed out to the jetty, lots of boats on the water already so I had to have my head on a swivel  ;D not a bad putt out there with a bit of overcast sky but still comfortable 8)

Max was the first on the board with what at first glance I thought was a sculpin as he reeled it in, no dice on the sculpin but he was still happy :)

I was next with a small calico :)

Myles couldn't catch crabs in Mexico if he tried ;D ;D  He was getting discouraged and backlashed a few times too >:( Oh well, gotta keep trying ::) ::)We hung out till the tide peaked just after 10am and only had 2 fish so we made a move to just inside the inlet and we scratched a few spotties :D Things got slow and quiet, I turned around and saw this ???

Made another move to where Myles hooked into something last trip and things picked up instantly :D :D The spotty bite was on in about 10-12 foot of water, the fish finder and trolling motor got a workout on this spot 8) 8) 8) Most of the fish were larger models and full of piss and vinegar, very fun :)

Only a few dinks in the mix, then Myles gets his first Hali 8) 8) 19'' and made his day !

The day turned out to be pretty good, 50 fish on the boat and we left them biting 8)

Made it back to the dock and I let these two drive the boat onto the trailer and we headed home ;D

Forgot to use sunscreen, I will pay in the next few days, I know better  :-[  Hope to get back out soon :)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Slow start, finished happy
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 09:30:52 PM »
Those are some super healthy looking spotties! Sounds like a real nice trip. Congrats to Myles on his first butt.

I feel the nap time...

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:19:54 AM »
Always enjoy your family reports Tim, keep em coming..........
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 06:03:58 AM »
Happy endings...  Good seeing you guys had a 50 fish day and got a Gopher Rockfish to boot!  Nicely done and be sure to take pics of you to share when you turn into a lobster with all that sun.    ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 06:35:56 AM »
 When I saw the kids sleeping I thought the day was a bust, glad we made the move. That end of the Bay sure is busy, and they don't care if you are in a small boat :o :o Hope everyone has a great weekend 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 07:07:17 AM »
and they don't care if you are in a small boat

It doesn't matter if it's the bay, inlet or open ocean.  Those f@ckers have almost sunk me a few times.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 09:10:41 AM »
Happy endings...  Good seeing you guys had a 50 fish day and got a Gopher Rockfish to boot!  Nicely done and be sure to take pics of you to share when you turn into a lobster with all that sun.    ;D

Poster child for sunscreen  ;D  I'm sure you will add this to your  ''  Photoshop Arsenal ''   for future use ;D ;D ;D

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 09:59:51 AM »

Poster child for sunscreen  ;D  I'm sure you will add this to your  ''  Photoshop Arsenal ''   for future use ;D ;D ;D

Tim, you know he has the gun, you just bought him a box of bullets.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 10:58:14 AM »

Tim, you know he has the gun, you just bought him a box of bullets.

I'm only quoting this to post his picture up here one more time....  Trying to think of some good ideas now....  One might be oriented around the lady from the Bat Fight doing cart wheels.   ;D

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 01:14:06 PM »
Nobody said there was a rush, I figured you to be more of the patient, sand bag type and strike at the perfect time ;D ;D

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 07:08:54 PM »
Oh no you gave Tom material to ridicule you. I learned my lesson the hardway.

Great to see the AssRack crew slaying them.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)