Author Topic: New water to us  (Read 1827 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
New water to us
« on: June 10, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
Max was on the ball and organized the night before 8) 8)

I wanted to see a different spot in San Diego Bay, so we launched out of Shelter Island Boat Ramp. Got there about 7am and still had time to fish the incoming tide. This was new water to us so I had no idea where to go other than what Tom suggested and what I've seen on Youtube :-[  About 1/2 way to Zuniga Shoal area we stopped and tried a spot and Myles was on the board with the first fish ( Sand Bass ) 8)

1st fish of the day

Nothing after that so we headed for the Point, things were looking good with the swim baits 8) 8)

At this point Max was getting depressed cause he wasn't getting bit >:( I told him to keep trying and then I get slammed :o 1/2'' shy of legal :(

The bite started to taper off and the breeze picked up so we had to use the drift sock ( works great )

Hard to believe these two are 15  :o

We headed back in and the traffic had picked up and this guy was coming straight at us and blowing his horn :o The Ass Rack played Chicken as long as she could and we got out of the channel

By now the wind and traffic was getting annoying so we called it a day :( I told the boys next time we need to be on the water at 1st light to avoid most of this. I would like to try a few different areas as well, but the Bay south of the Bridge is way more quiet and peaceful so we will definitely be going back there again soon. The Shelter Island  Ramp is nice and calm and Max drove the boat onto the trailer like a Pro 8)

Hope to be back out again soon 8) Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I lost a blade on the trolling motor prop so It did the death wobble every time I hit the pedal  >:(  Time to buy a few spares.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:01:12 PM by Tim524 »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: New water to us
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 05:35:00 PM »
Nice. Good to explore new spots.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »
Nice variety. That bay certainly has a lot of traffic, big ships with guns honking at you sounds like quite a time. Looks like a fun day and looking forward to more bay reports. I might come down again on a weekday in the second half of June, so hopefully I'll see ya'll out there. :)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 07:33:17 PM »
Nice variety. That bay certainly has a lot of traffic, big ships with guns honking at you sounds like quite a time. Looks like a fun day and looking forward to more bay reports. I might come down again on a weekday in the second half of June, so hopefully I'll see ya'll out there. :)

Cool, give me a shout, every day is Saturday for me ; 8) ;D

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 03:16:08 AM »

Cool, give me a shout, every day is Saturday for me ; 8) ;D

Retirement is the best job I've ever had   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »
Right on Time! Glad you and the boys tried it the front bay. Boat traffic out front gets pretty tough at times.
Nice butt and bass though. They get much bigger out front.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.