Author Topic: Last Day of Forties (2/21)  (Read 2518 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Last Day of Forties (2/21)
« on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:03 AM »
I'm so over this busted chicken wing and was planning on fishing, even if it was only trout fishing.  I've pretty much had terrible luck with trout the last few years, but I texted Squatch and he met me down at Santee Lakes for a short trout session.

I've only done well with carp and catfish here, so my confidence level was pretty low.  They stocked the week before, so that means the pelicans and people probably beat the last plant into the ground.  The only reason I had an idea where to fish is my last few months of walking the lakes for exercise, I saw which lake and location had the most stringers.

We get a good spot and start the bait and wait.

Absolutely nothing, but the guys 100 feet down from us gets his limit in an hour.  He leaves and we swoop into the spot expecting some limits ourselves, but he left us no fish the next few hours.

I was telling Steve that I used to catch tons of turtles on fishing gear out east, but have never caught one since I moved out here over 25 years ago...  You know what's next..

I got me a turtle.... hahahaha

With my catch winning the Jackpot for the day, we cruised to my place to show Steve the new patio.  We had a beer and c*cktail before he had to head out. 

It felt great getting out fishing, but these damn trout have been a pain in my ass lately!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Last Day of Forties (2/21)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:31:34 AM »
The turtles work my nerves in the IV. Bait thieving bastiges. Glad your getting out in some form

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 09:26:48 AM »
Felt pretty good sitting on the patio. Would have been nice to get a fish, but whatever.

Nice to meet you grand daughter too.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 09:57:54 AM »
Nice turtle, there used to be days at my local ponds where one just wouldn’t leave my line alone until he hooked himself.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 08:27:30 AM »
Living so close to the lakes I figured you had the place dialed in :o Glad to see the patio getting put to the test 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 05:04:07 PM »
Absolutely nothing, but the guys 100 feet down from us gets his limit in an hour.  He leaves and we swoop into the spot expecting some limits ourselves, but he left us no fish the next few hours.

Too funny, glad you guys got out..............
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect