Author Topic: 2-27 Dixon trout report  (Read 2958 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
2-27 Dixon trout report
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
Man school is kicking my ass and I've done a lot more lurking than posting around here.

Anyway, I made it out to Lake Dixon today with a buddy to target some trout. Found a spot from the shore and proceeded to throw everything I had at them. It was a pretty frustrating day to say the least. I lost about 5 fish that were hooked up, and had another 3-4 fish swallow the bait and spit it out instantly. Ended up with 2 fish, the biggest weighing in at a solid 2.5 pounds.

My first hook up of the day was on a "secret lure". This trout was easily my PB, but somehow shook the bait. My two fish were caught on my "secret bait" and a white mini jig.

Good luck to anybody heading out there this weekend. They were really keyed in on pinks and whites but very finicky as well. I had about 12 or so fish look at my bait and swim off. I was using 2# line but no scent....maybe i should bring some for next time.

ˇlíneas apretadas!

Brian

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: 2-27 Dixon trout report
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »
Thanks for the Dixon report..Brian. It can be frustrating with them trout. What time did you see the most action?

2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:54:37 AM »
The action was definitely hottest right when we got there. I forgot to mention that I got there later than I wanted to. Had we been there right when they opened I'm sure we would have caught more. Mainly because we would have gotten a better spot and also because they seem to bite best at first light.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:31:06 AM »
The Dixon Trout Rats!  Full Contact Trout Fishing!   :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.