Author Topic: Gun belt review  (Read 4272 times)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Gun belt review
« on: September 15, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »
Good morning Gals and Gents,
I'm sorry that I haven't had much in the way of beneficial input for the forum lately with our upcoming move and all that goes into that.  However, I wanted to post a review of a new belt that I'm using.  One thing that's always been on the back of my mind as far as protecting my family is concerned, is wanting to carry a firearm.  I know there's a huge responsibility that goes with this and I don't take it lightly, but I have been seriously thinking through and researching this a lot.  With our move to ID, this is even more of a reality because of the carry laws there.  In preparation for open/concealed carry, I wanted to start with a belt that would be adequate for keeping a firearm in place properly and be comfortable for everyday use. 

My research led me to this Nexbelt. www.nexbelt.com

I also love that it's a USA based company and partners with Folds of Honor.

It's not a traditional leather belt with holes.  The belt is made from a 1-1/2" wide and 3/16" thick nylon composite material and uses a ratchet buckle that is adjustable in 1/4" increments.  This was very attractive to me since I always seem to find myself between sets of holes on a standard belt, and hate putting new holes in them.  the buckle is steel and powder coated for durability.  The belt come in one length and you cut it and attach the buckle yourself for your exact fit. 

It's well packaged and super easy to set up.

Starting with your normal pants waist size, add 4".  This is supposed to give room for and IWB holster as well.

Open the buckle clamp and insert the cut end of the belt, then fold the clamp lever down.

Using the included allen key, install the set screws and tighten securely.  The set screws even had pre-applied thread locker.

When you put it on, you just slide the 'tag' end of the belt through the buckle and the ratchet dog locks into the grooves.  The tighter you pull it, the more grooves it passes and holds tight.  To remove, you simply pull slightly on the tag end and release the dog with a small lever on the bottom of the buckle.

I've been wearing it for over a week now and I absolutely love it.  It's just as comfortable, if not more so, than my leather belts.  I love the 1/4" increments for getting the fit just right and it's very easy to adjust throughout the day.  It's also very ridged and I think it will support a firearm very well.  I haven't carried with it yet, but will report back after I have.

Check it out  :)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Gun belt review
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »
Right on. Heard good things about this belt too.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:23:50 AM »
Wow, pretty impressive belt! 

When is the official move?  You probably said it, but I can't remember for the life of me.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 07:56:41 AM »
Exit California date is September 30th.  Can't come soon enough!  ;D

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:36:53 PM »
Nice looking belt, I am a responsible gun owner and I am legal to conceal carry. Since I have 3 different pistols, I found this one to be very comfortable and works well with all three 8)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 12:26:41 PM »
Interesting Tim!
Where did you get that?
What position do you usually carry in?

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 01:24:31 PM »
Got it on Amazon, I usually carry my 9 on my left hip, I am right handed so I like to reach across and draw with my dominant hand.