Author Topic: New hip  (Read 2001 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
New hip
« on: December 10, 2020, 08:27:22 PM »
 Well I finally got a total hip replacement on Dec. 2nd and I am not 100% yet but it's only been 8 days. I came home using a walker and graduated to a cane today. It's a weird kind of pain, almost like a giant Charlie Horse :o The Oxycodone helps but it can plug you up if you don't take precautions ???  The 2nd day home I ventured to the wood pile with the walker, Mongo was worried and it showed 8)

He was nervous about the walker

Hit the grocery store and had to try the scooter

The physical Therapist has been coming to my house since last Thursday and my progress has led me to a cane today :)

Our house has 3 stairs to get to the front door, 3 stairs to go into the living room and 15 stairs to our bedroom :-\ It's been a challenge but it will be worth it soon. I tried to drive my Jeep today and it was hard to get in and out ( No Oxycodone  while driving ! ) Tomorrow I will drive my truck  ( Bad Pig has more leg room )

I hope Mongo cheers up soon :(

I should be back to my 2 mike hikes every day in no time, I have lost 50 Lbs. Since March just by walking and eating healthier 8) My shoulders need attention too but not as bad as Tom's so I  hope all I need is just a few bone spurs cleaned up ;) Stay safe out there and stay healthy to ring in the new year 8)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 08:30:21 PM by Tim524 »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: New hip
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
Glad you are doing well Tim.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:07:51 AM »
Glad things are coming alone Tim, think how hard this would have been without the weight loss.  Chu Da Man   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 07:49:57 AM »
Godspeed on the recovery slim.  8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 08:12:02 AM »
Damn, I hope that heals and you are back in action soon!  I have to admit, that's pretty impressive to be walking around so soon after the hip replacement.  Pretty crazy where we are with medicine/healthcare these days.  I'm coming up soon for my surgery.  Hopefully I bounce back as quickly as you!  I'm already looking forward to the codone!  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 09:43:48 AM »
Good luck with the recovery!