Author Topic: Ray Recon VC 2-17  (Read 1653 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Ray Recon VC 2-17
« on: February 17, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
Got off work much earlier than expected so I spent the afternoon looking to harvest some rays and recon for SNBF.

Spot #1 I haven’t been to in like 15 years but the water looked good when I arrived st 2pm. Bottom of the tide when I arrived but started getting short bit soon after. No ray bites so I left at 4pm.

Spot #2 didn’t have enough sand so I went to

Spot #3 where there was enough sand. More short bites until sunset when the steady zzzzzzzzzz came through. I’ve got 2 rods out at this point, and I’m failing miserably at clearing the other line while the ray takes its first run. Finally give up and try to look composed for the attractive females whose view of the sunset I’m blocking. 3 minutes in, the hook just unbuttons. Swear words unravel like an entryway rug but I keep my body language composed to say “I know what I’m doing ladies.”

Left at the top of the tide with no wings in the bucket or new contacts in the phone. I’ll probably try again tomorrow.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 01:37:30 AM by jrodda »

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Re: Ray Recon VC 2-17
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:33:38 PM »
Sounds like you tried too hard. Easier to go over or under a line than clear it. Also, talking to said females is easier than trying to put on a macho man show.
Keep it tight

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:35:11 AM »
Sounds like you tried too hard. Easier to go over or under a line than clear it. Also, talking to said females is easier than trying to put on a macho man show.

I think I had a YouTube video of a British dude sharking from a boat and clearing lines by himself too fresh in my mind. Except he had functioning rod holders, a vertical situation, and about 40 more years experience than I.

About a third of the (successful) parenting in my life has come from fishing message boards.

It was a little hyperbole in that part of the story but only so much.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 04:58:45 AM »
Glad to hear you heard the old Zzzzzzzzzzzz on the reel Jeremy, you'll get em next time.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 06:46:15 AM »
Better to lose them now then at the Bat Fight, especially in front of the ladies.  LOL

Thanks for the report Jeremy!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.