Author Topic: 4/20/19 Soupfin Slayage  (Read 1852 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
4/20/19 Soupfin Slayage
« on: April 21, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
After such a killer sesh on Friday i had to, as some old dude on here likes to say, strike while the iron was Hot! After chuckin some axes down in PB for my buddy's b-day, I headed to meet Steven at the RSK :P few mins before I was about to leave PB he sends me this!

Soup on the sand!

So I'm flying up the 5. Get parked and geared up. As im walking to the spot and Steven and I exchange hellos he gets bit! Nice initial run, he gets it turned and fights it for a few mins in the wash. From the size of the fins, it looked like a nice leopard. Until its at my feet and I reach down to a spotless fat lil 50" soup. We cut her loose real quick as she was leakin pretty good from being hooked in the roof of the mouth. But I can attest that he caught it. So hes got 2 soups on the sand and i havent even got a bait in yet! So I hurry up and tie a fresh rig on! I Cut off a chunk of the Bonita my buddy Jason was ever so gracious to let me take the rest of! Man good friends are so hard to come by ;) Launch it out past the tiny breakers and light up an offering, it is 4/20 anyway :D we dont even get 3/4 of the way thru the spliff when I see my rod start to go bendo, and the baitrunner starts screaming! Hell to the yeah I'm ON! Instant jump upon hook set! God I love this $#!t!!! She tail walks 3 times 60yds out, man that never gets old! Nerve racking, adrenaline pumping, heart thumping, pure, primal, JOY! This thing was piiiiiiiiissed! Made 3 hard runs, Steven tried to video me fighting it but I told him how superstitious I am about anything being filmed or photo'd before it's landed. After what seemed like 10mins but was probably 4 tops lol I finally managed to time the shore pound jus right and beached the beast and Steven grabbed the biggest male soup I've ever seen!

71" male Soupie

Sent him back, after the pics, so he could get back to his harem of soupettes. Let my adrenaline go down a lil and chopped of another chunk of the magical Bonita. Chucked it out and set the rod in the holder. Well I was stoked, ive never caught a shark two nights in a row! Bout 25mins later Steven was dealin with some kelp that got sucked off the beach south of us and pushed up into the wash. I was giving him a hand and as soon as we got it free, I glanced over at my rod and noticed it jump a lil and ran over to check it out. Just as I got to it it bounced hard and went a lil slack, then went full bendo! I wasn't totally surprised lol but i was still kinda in disbelief. I set into it and it was on and jumpin in the hazy moon lit surf! We did the dance back and forth south then north and after a tense battle in tge turbulent skinny water we got a glance of a beautiful FAT MAMA Soupie! Holy $#!t shes thiiiiiiiiccck brah! She's workin her way under stevens line and we maneuver her around it and use the wash to beach her, shes Rollin and thrashing in my leader when all of a sudden it snaps! NOOOOO! SHES OFF STEVEN! He grabs the leader and I grab her tail for the tag team save! WOOOOOOW that was close bro! Thank you soooooooo much! The hook litterally fell out once she hit hard pack!

Beautiful 74" PHAT MAMA

So I was pretty much done since it was almost time for Steven's wifey to pick him up. But i had one last chunk of Bonita and I told him to chuck it out til she got there. He got slammed within 10mins, but it didnt stick. He added a chunk of fresh Mack to it and sent the smorgasborg back out. Well it didnt take long for it to get bit! And he sealed the deal This time! Serious head shakes and tail slap. Biggin! She was jus hunkering down for a bit. Then turned it up and started takin line with brute force. Seven? I think so. Seems lethargic like a seven. Then she decided to go ape$#!t and started acting soupish. Sure enough after a few back and forths in the skinny two dorsal fins emerged and I tailed his 3rd soup of the night!

70" Thick Female Soupie

As we sent her back Steven's wifey was calling him from the lot and we made our exit.

Another Killer night in the books!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:38:38 PM by j.rasta »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: 4/20/19 Soupfin Slayage
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 09:07:21 PM »
Another killer night.

I’m sitting at the salad bar right now.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 03:29:36 AM »
Totally stoked for both of you, and yes Josh.......................ya done passed me up   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 10:26:34 AM »
SLAYAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 10:11:55 PM »
En Fuego!  Congrats guys!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.