Author Topic: Turning 8 on 8/8  (Read 6270 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Turning 8 on 8/8
« on: August 08, 2014, 07:17:28 PM »
Well, my daughter turned 8 today and I was home watching her while the wife was out at work.  I asked her what she wanted to do today and she replied... Go Fishing!  That's my girl!

Things weren't ideal since we needed to catch bait at high tide during mid day, but we made it happen.

We didn't score a ton, but we ended up with 20 ghosties to burn.

It was tough to find a good place to fish, so we just found some rocks to critter fish and get out of the wind.  We jumped around to a few spots and I actually found a 2' bonito to jump on my megabait!  Soon as I handed it off to Hannah, it somehow spit the hook... Damn, strike one.

An hour later and we hit another spot.  I told Hannah to reel in her line when she yelled, I got one and it's big!  No sh!t!  It started ripping line and had definite head shakes.  I saw a flash of what looked like a huge spotfin, but could not definitely ID it by any means.

She worked it like a pro, until it made a crazy run right through the dock pilings and snapped her line!  DOH! Strike two!

She was bummed and ready to call it quits, but I told her she has one more strike and asked if she wanted to give it one more try.  She said "I want to catch a fish and not go home catching nothing".  Good girl!

We moved over to just try another area and bam!  I heard her yell, "I got one!"  That's my girl!

Now I'm ready to go home she said, and this Happy Dad was more than ready to oblige now that we were successful.

Fishing was slow, but it was successful and a lot of fun fishing with my little girl.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Turning 8 on 8/8
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
She has the right attitude and a great teacher.

Congrats on a nice birthday fish Hannah. You will be catching the big ones with your dad in no time.

Donfish

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:11:42 PM »
Isn't that always the case? Take the kids fishing for fun catchables and get plowed by the right kind in Jumbo size... Good job not striking out! 8)

Limulus

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »
Nice going Hannah! She has me beat in numbers and size this season.