Author Topic: 1/12 Back at it  (Read 2489 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
1/12 Back at it
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:24 AM »
Sorry I haven't been too active on the boards lately. I took a temporary vacation from Facebook too so many of you who are used to my fishing reports on there must be deprived lol

I just got into SDSU after transferring from a community college so I've been busy as hell since the closing of last semester up until now. I've done some fishing in between but unfortunately not as much as I'd like. It looks like this semester will be a tough one so my fishing trips will be limited once again.

Anyway.....enough of that.

Bought my license a few days ago and decided to hit the surf in the am. The tide was super low and there was some decent structure scattered up and down the coast. The area we hit was looking great but the fishing was nothing to write home about. I chucked the LC FM 110 around and about an hour in hooked up with this guy, my first of 2015!

As we work the beach we both notice a few things: No bait, no birds, no fish. It was rather slow but I knew there was a butt hiding in the shallows somewhere.

Finally, I found him (assuming it was a "him" because I believe that the females stay deeper this time of the year).

After that we tosse the LC around some more for no luck. Definitely felt good to get back out in the surf!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 1/12 Back at it
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:15:42 AM »
Good work on the LC boss!  Squatch and WMB never even take them out of the packages!  :o ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:11 AM »
Hey now ...

Don't want mine to get all 'used' looking  ...  :P

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »
Last one I took out of the package broke off on a cast and took the insert from one guide and the tip top of my vintage rod with it.