Author Topic: Double Trouble 2/10/18  (Read 3361 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Double Trouble 2/10/18
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »
Well after a heartbreaker last surf sesh with Mike (pinoyfisher) I had to get back out. finally had time yesterday, mike was on daddy daycare duty, sent out a few more texts and got no response from a few guys. Hit my cousin up and he was free and down to roll so we set out and were on the sand by 630. Sent out the 1st baits and almost instantly got critter bit, this went in for a good 45mins b4 I switched out one bait and rcasted a head a few times. 3rd cast with a chewed up mack head, 5mins in my line goes slack after a small bump, grab it wind, wind, wind, wind, wtf? Oh sh!t there she is!  Finally catch up to her and she's on, super pissed and drag rippin! Herky jerky head shakes, then slack! Holy sh!t not again, wind, wind, wind, wind, tight! Oh sh!t thank Poseidon shes still there, blitz' me again and rips more drag off the baitrunner b4 she goes airborne in clear view! Oh sh!t cuz is that it? Yeah that’s her brah! Get ready! Wtf do I do? He’s never seen anything like this before! I wear her down some more, but every time she gets close she rips line back out thru the wash. Finally get her belly to hit hard pack and my cuz gets a tail grab but she’s not havin it, he drops her, she rolls free a few times b4 I hand off the rod and get her outta the agua for the pics!

Lil washed out waiting for some more pics from my cuz. But I was stoked to say the least! Got her back in the water and took a few minutes to smoke the rest of my blunt I almost lost durring the fight lol sent up some smoke for the fish gods! Sent out another bait and let my adrenaline subside and sent out some messages to share the stoke!

Soaked a few tails that got chewed up sent out a chunk and got a decent hit on my 2nd rod, that seemed lobsterish but checked it anyway, it ended up being a legal calico!

As I took that pic the Rasta-rod gets slammed! I drop the bass in the cooler and grab it! It’s still playin with it when I get to it.. as I debate on swingin on it, it takes off and I lay into it! Oh sh!t cuz is it on? Yuuup! another shark? Yeah feels like a leopard! No screaming runs, jus herky jerky rolls and tail slap, it storms the beach after a few minutes and as I get closer I don’t see saddles, I see a purplish spotted pretzel squirmin and thrashing in the white wash! Oh sh!t sevengill, here cuz I got this one lol wtf is that cuz? Here take the rod! I tail grab him and drag him ouy as he shows his flexibility and snaps back at me a few times before he’s on the hard pack! My cousins freakin out! never seen anything like any of this before, shocked is a serious understatement! He can’t believe the thing can bite it’s own tail and almost gets me a few times durring the melee! But I unhook him and get the pics b4 we send him back home!

This dude was seriously pissed, would snap back and tail slap every few secs so good pics were hard to get but we got em and holy sh!t was I beyond stoked! Soaked a few more baits as the tide dropped, got one more possible grinner bite but that was all she wrote! Couldn’t really ask for more, 2 grinners 2 species and a keeper Calico I gave to my cousin since he’s never tasted the deliciousness of calico tacos! And he did a pretty good job sand handin on his 1st shot! You can bet I’ll be back out tonight!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Double Trouble 2/10/18
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »
Stoked for sure!! Lots of changes in your life, makes sense you start killing it in the surf this early! Yeahhhhh!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »
Might see you there. What the hell.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Hell yeah Josh, you were overdue.  Stoked for ya, good luck tonight........................................Verne
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:19:26 PM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »
Wow awesome Josh. Congrats bro!  8) 8) 8)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 08:04:41 AM »
Nice Session Josh!

You smoked 'em ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:20 AM »
Thanks for da props guys! Definitely a night I'll never forget! But like all good things, here one day gone the next, whole lotta nada last night. Got a couple suspect bites and one decent pull but that was it... an eel was landed thankfully not by me B)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »
Well damn... I knew that was you poaching our fishing spot.   ;D ;D ;D

Well done boss!   A Soupie, Seven and big calico is a hell of a night!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.