Author Topic: Saturday Night Bait Thief Brawl (2/10)  (Read 1923 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Saturday Night Bait Thief Brawl (2/10)
« on: February 11, 2018, 08:16:30 AM »
Hit the surf with Steve at an unusual day of the week for me, Saturday Night.  I wanted to take my boat out today, but I had too many things to do and need to get some (real) priorities in order before I could go out and fish all the time.

Surf was beautiful.  No weeds and small waves.  I brought a secret bait down to try out and it got bit instantly every time!  Unfortunately, it was all bass, bugs and eels.  I used up all of those baits in the first 90 minutes and had to go back to the standard baits.

Steve brought in a big legal bug that he let go.  I was just sprinting back and forth to the rod between all of the bites.  I actually set the hook on something that rocked me and almost pulled the rod out of my hand.  LOL

We got a text from Rasta and he did very well, probably the best night he's had to date.  I'll look forward to his post.

After some back and forth ribbing with Josh, Steve gets hammered!  The rod doubled over and the line started screaming.  We're pretty sure it was a nice soupfin from the fight, but half-way through the fight and it pops the leader.  ugh

Well, that was it.  We both put out a few more baits and only fed the lobster so we called it quits.

Otherwise it was a great night to be fishing the surf.  It looks like shark activity is increasing for the year so get on out there!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Night Bait Thief Brawl (2/10)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 09:30:28 AM »
 Funny as hell watching you set the hook and the rod just stop while you kept moving. Thought it was going to slingshot into the darkness.

Night went from uneventful to awesome to crappy in the space of about 30 seconds for me.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 09:48:47 AM »
Sweet, glad to hear some action on the sand again. I heard about Josh's night, I hope to read his report too. Next week will be the week that I get my first fish of 2018.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »
Gotta go to know ;) finishin up my gym sesh and I'll post up the epicness B)<==*~~

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
Night went from uneventful to awesome to crappy in the space of about 30 seconds for me.

:(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect