Author Topic: OC Batting Practice  (Read 2173 times)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
OC Batting Practice
« on: January 19, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
With Bat Fight only a couple of months away and with the surf chasing us off the beach, we're going to get in some batting practice and recon the Double Top Secret OC Eyes Only Spot on Saturday from 2pm to 7:30ish. If you've never fished for monster rays before and want to see what it's all about, this is the perfect opportunity to learn. Between now and Bat Fight, we'll be doing recon on a number of beaches in The OC and you'll have a chance to meet a lot of other OC fishermen, find out about the spots, the gear, and the techniques involved.

If you don't have any heavy gear, don't let that stop you, I've got extra rods/reels you can use ;D

We don't call them mud marlin for nothing! A 200lb bat ray is a beast and catching them is a blast! So if you want to give it a shot, PM me or hit me on my cell at 949.910.0421 and we'll get you hooked up!

Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: OC Batting Practice
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:05:16 PM »
A 200lb bat ray is a beast and catching them is a blast! ...
I barely recall you ever catching a 20lb ray, let alone a 22lb one.  ;D

Still, a nice gesture to reach out to everyone.  The only SNBF the OC won was back in the day by a known bunch of unsavory guys who I'm pretty sure fudged their numbers.  hahahahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »

Still, a nice gesture to reach out to everyone.  The only SNBF the OC won was back in the day by a known bunch of unsavory guys who I'm pretty sure fudged their numbers.  hahahahaha

And here I was being a nice guy, quashing the rumor that the hole in your back was really from a Butt Chug gone horribly wrong ;D

Now, please tell us, what's it like to catch a Great White Shark on a hand cast from shore? Oh, wait... ;D

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 03:37:09 PM »

And here I was being a nice guy, quashing the rumor that the hole in your back was really from a Butt Chug gone horribly wrong ;D

Now, please tell us, what's it like to snag a baby Great White Shark on a hand cast from shore? Oh, wait... ;D

Fixed it for you...  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:47:32 PM by xjchad »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 04:21:07 PM »

Now, please tell us, what's it like to catch a Great White Shark on a hand cast from shore? Oh, wait... ;D

Let's recap...  you Snagged it... and had to pass the rod off for your buddy to fight it in.  Both disqualify you from an actual catch.  <dropping the keyboard>  hahahahahahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 05:16:29 PM »

Let's recap...  you Snagged it... and had to pass the rod off for your buddy to fight it in.  Both disqualify you from an actual catch.  <dropping the keyboard>  hahahahahahaha

Oh, are you talking about the first one?

;D

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:18:19 PM by BackBayMan »