Author Topic: The Idiot Beacon (12/10)  (Read 2511 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Idiot Beacon (12/10)
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »
So I went to see my folks and brought the big rod to do a little fishing.  I figured I could get 3 hours of fishing in before they woke up and would follow up a surf session with a home cooked breakfast from Mom.

I know where the surfers would be pouring into, so I set up in another nook that should give me plenty of room....  I never seen so many surfers coming down all morning.  One guy walks all the way down to talk to me and I told him I cam e down here to get away from everyone and so no one would surf or paddle over my line.  He says cool... and walks right down to the water where my rod was and paddles out over my line and sits where my bait is....  Yep, I was burning up a bit over this...

I walk 100 yards down the beach further away and the "Idiot Beacon" starts making the call to everyone around.  I watched 3 guys including the d!ckhead who paddled out in front of me move 100 yards down the beach to sit on their boards in front of me.  I decided I was going to cast in the pack and hit whoever I hit with the lead.  Well, that didn't go over well as I heard some rattling in the reel, but casted anyways...  F-L-U-F-F!!!!!!.  Jeez!  It was an eagle nest! Well actually only an osprey nest.  Thankfully the 40# didn't fluff as much as the time I saw Taylor Ginther cast and backlash a 6 foot puff out of his reel. 

Well, I lost about 100 yards of line, but got it sort of right.  The reel was acting funny, so I quit and head up to the condo.  I figured I would enjoy some breakfast, beers and watch some football with my dad while occasionally peeking over the rail to see if the leopard sharks were going to come back.  I had a back up rod in the car that I set up for fly lining bait to the leopards in the skinny water, but nothing showed. 

It was a good day, even though the fishing part didn't pan out too well.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: The Idiot Beacon (12/10)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:53 AM »
walks right down to the water where my rod was and paddles out over my line and sits where my bait is....

Been there, some people are just plain a$$holes.  Sometimes I'll get into it with them, but the older I get it just ain't worth the hassle.  On the other hand..................breakfast cooked by mom, beers and football with dad?  Don't get no better than that   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:21 AM »
You should've just pulled your pole out and sat there all day and chummed.. Fake @$$ surf nazis..

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
You should've just pulled your pole out and sat there all day and chummed.. Fake @$$ surf nazis..

What he should have done was call me so I could get a nice breakfast. I mean meet his folks.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »

What he should have done was call me so I could get a nice breakfast. I mean meet his folks.

Could’ve used a home cooked bfast also! Text me next time and I’ll wait down by our rods while you go up and get our grub ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
 >:(
Do these brainiacs not realize you are shark fishing and him parking his self over a bloody fish head is fuggin stoopid!

Sucks it will be warm this week as I am gonna try to fish Thursday.

Jim

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
>:(
Do these brainiacs not realize you are shark fishing and him parking his self over a bloody fish head is fuggin stoopid!

Sucks it will be warm this week as I am gonna try to fish Thursday.

Jim

No surfers where I like to fish 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?