Personal Craft Fishing > Freshwater Personal Craft Fishing Reports

Kitty goes to El Cap

(1/3) > >>

spideyjg:
Since she got major engine work and a bigger prop I haven't been on the water. Had a short window this morning until 12 so I took her for a run.

No fish but explored El Cap from north to south she got up to 27mph coming against a strong headwind. GPS had dead batteries and didn't see the spares I had until the wind kicked up.

Need to arrange gear in there  and leave the extra anchor at home.

She sounds healthier and max throttle drops right at 5500 RPM.

Jim

Pinoyfisher:
Kitty needs to make a bait run! Can it make it out to the 9?

spideyjg:

--- Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 11, 2017, 07:39:48 AM ---Kitty needs to make a bait run! Can it make it out to the 9?

--- End quote ---

Gotta remember Mike I don't know jack on saltwater boat fishing. What is the 9 anyhow?

Was looking at google earth on depths and structure picking spots. Is the 9 the drop to really deep water about 6 miles off the coast?

I ran the ruler out 9 miles and don't see anything unique.

I'm still trying to get a feel for her mileage. Changed the propeller she goes farther with each prop rotation.

Jim

sasquatch:

--- Quote from: Pinoyfisher on April 11, 2017, 07:39:48 AM ---Kitty needs to make a bait run! Can it make it out to the 9?

--- End quote ---

Real question is, can it make it back?

LONGCAST JOE:

--- Quote from: sasquatch on April 11, 2017, 10:38:12 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Real question is, can it make it back?

--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version