Author Topic: 11/26 - No massacre but got one at Dixon  (Read 2603 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
11/26 - No massacre but got one at Dixon
« on: November 26, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »
Woke my GF up at 3:30 and arrived at the gate by 4 am. The goal was to be the first one to the "secret spot" and put her on one fish. That's it. Just one lousy fish. I'm the first one in line and some other guy pulls in behind me. And then some other (insert expletive here) drives in front of us and cuts us off!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I flickered my high beams a few times and he just sat there. Oh well. What am I gonna do? Confront the guy in front of his 10 year old kid and start an argument at 4 am? I let it slide. It's only fishing anyway, he probably wanted to put his kid on a trout as badly as I wanted to put my girl on one.

The gate opens, we buy our ticket, and the guy ahead of me beats us to the spot I wanted. Figures.

We fish a different spot and I manage one trout. Girlfriend get's skunked. No biggie. We both had an awesome time and I hope the guy who cut us off steps in a big pile of dog crap later on.  ::)

On a side note, my girlfriend lost 3 Thomas Buoyant's and countless mini jigs. She can actually cast quite well and knows how to fish.....but has a bad habit of forgetting to wind in her lure when she see's something "cool", such as a swan that landed on the lake today. She goes to take a pic and her bait drops to the bottom and naturally gets snagged. Oh well. Thank god I work at a tackle shop and get a little discount.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:35:49 PM by MASSfisher »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 11/26 - No massacre but got one at Dixon
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
Well at least you guys didn't get skunked and nicely done not getting into any confrontation.  Trout fishing attracts a wide variety of people.  It also has its fair share of inconsiderate ones too!

Pretty funny how your GF would get the spoons stuck by seeing something cool.  I have to admit, I lost a few lures while waiting for them to sink at the right depth before retrieving them only to have something catch my eye and it was too late.  LOL

Nicely done Brian!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.