Author Topic: Lake Jennings Report (11/22)  (Read 17144 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Lake Jennings Report (11/22)
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »
They just recently got stocked with 4000 pounds of trout and we knew it might not be the best trout weather, but we tried anyway.

Long lines to get permits this morning and lots of competition out there jockeying for position.  Beautiful morning though to say the least!

In a short amount of time, the air temp rose to 77 and the water was a constant 69-71 in any given area.  We saw a few fish caught, but it was a slow pick and there was no method or a pattern.  Very random.

I was stoked to Dave actually play deckhand and pull in the anchor before we made our first move!  ;D

We saw quite a few puddlers and I metered a really good amount of them, but we still couldn't get them to bite after throwing everything we had in our box at them!  I got a little too jumpy with my first bite on the crawler and dumped him.  Thankfully Dave got his to stick to relieve the boat of a skunk.

We gave it until 12 and packed it in.  I'll probably wait for better conditions to go back out, but it was still nice having the Square Boma get all rinsed off in the fresh water today.  I didn't even need to rinse it!  lol

The Boma ran great today and Dave was actually not grumpy at all, so it was a fantastic day!

I cast for some bass, but only had one follower.  Mostly trout guys out there today, but there were a few bass guys.

Until next fresh water rinse...
-Tom
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:14:01 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Jennings Report (11/22)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »
Dave wasn't grumpy? Lies.  8)

Glad the boat didn't get skunked. Jennings looks like a beautiful lake....might have to fish it one of these days.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Jennings Report (11/22)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
Dave wasn't grumpy? Lies.  8)

Glad the boat didn't get skunked. Jennings looks like a beautiful lake....might have to fish it one of these days.

Great lake, and still one of only a few lakes left in SD you can take a 2-stroke.  Usually it is great fishing there, but it is pretty big and we are really early in the season "stocking" wise there. 

Definitely worth a trip if you could.  8)

as far as Dave goes.... I swear! LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.