Author Topic: Fishing Plans & Gear Prep  (Read 4643 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Fishing Plans & Gear Prep
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
If anyone has vacation during the holidays, what are your plans when it comes to fishing before the end of the year?  Will you be tying up some new rigs?  It's raining out so I'm just trying to drum up some fishing conversation.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing Plans & Gear Prep
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
Hoping the trailer gets done then I have a lot of prep to do. FE gave it the good old college try to get the trailer done yesterday but some bolts are frozen and have to be cut off.  :(

Got rod holders to mount, livewell to clean out, carpet to replace, and on and on.

First things first though will be to drop it in a lake for a run test of everything. Well and to drop some bait.

FYI everyone got your 2017 license to be set? Got mine yesterday to have no delay if conditions warrant.

Jim
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:40:14 AM by spideyjg »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
Was in the middle of restocking shark rigs last night. Wife suggested c*cktails. Rigs are not finished.

I'll have my license for next year soon. New Years day traditional fishing to break it in. Actually got checked by dfg at 6am one year.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »
Was in the middle of restocking shark rigs last night. Wife suggested c*cktails. Rigs are not finished.

I'll have my license for next year soon. New Years day traditional fishing to break it in. Actually got checked by dfg at 6am one year.

I ordered my license and even bought a second rod stamp so I don't have to look over my shoulder all the time.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »
I'm going to try to get one more session in before the end of the year.  The whole family has been fighting a cold though so we'll see if it pans out.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »

I ordered my license and even bought a second rod stamp so I don't have to look over my shoulder all the time.

FYI second rod stamp is only applicable to fresh water. It is not needed in the salt.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »

FYI second rod stamp is only applicable to fresh water. It is not needed in the salt.

Yep, but I meant for trout and catfish. I do a lot of Trout fishing and many of times like to use a second rod, but always know there would be consequences if I do.  Salt water I only use 1 because I can't manage two sharks at once especially if Steve hooks up.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
Last Tuesday that could have been an issue if we had two rods apiece out.

I'm getting two stamps so I can use 4 rods for trout.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 02:38:59 PM »
Will be getting my license for Christmas, I asked for gift cards to sporting goods stores. Will be tying up rigs too. Tried my hand at the Breakaway Impact Release clips at the recent GG. Still dialing the new reel AND I just pulled the trigger on a drone. Gonna give it a shot to drop baits out past the breakers.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 03:12:27 PM »
I just pulled the trigger on a drone. Gonna give it a shot to drop baits out past the breakers.

And you say I overpack?  ;) You gonna haul a drone down too?

Jim

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 03:15:06 PM »
I just pulled the trigger on a drone. Gonna give it a shot to drop baits out past the breakers.

And you say I overpack?  ;) You gonna haul a drone down too?

Jim

LOL

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 04:35:54 PM »
To be fair, Jim, you may be the only one who brings more than Tom.

Mike and the drone may take top honors. It will be interesting to see how the drone works out. Wouldn't mind helping to haul some gear down to see it in action.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
I did fish last night, fished for an hour during the down pour. Had one solid take down. Couldn't hear the clicker with all the rain. Saw my tip light fall off from the hit and that was it. Called it around 10:30pm.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 06:54:23 PM »
Finished my rigs. At happy hour. Ray's boss tells me he saw my sharks from Tuesday. Life is good.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 08:02:13 PM »
I was checking out from a job and heard you guys were at happy hour, gonna be there tomorrow, definitely will need uber to go home.