Author Topic: Mud Bathing  (Read 3059 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Mud Bathing
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:35 PM »
Took the misses out last Friday... They had some "pacific blue macks" at the Asian market so I grabbed a few juicy ones and a pound and a half of squish and set up at the spot for a lil soak. The squish has been the hot ticket last few seshs so I decided to throw half a mack on the 9'r and a tripled up squish ball on the 8'r. I cracked open a big eye and sent up some smoke signals with the misses. Half way through my brewsker I look up to the faint sound of my baitrunner clickin and my 9'r started to sing as I ran down to it. Set the hook and it was on and rippin! She screamed off a good 75-80yds on the 1st run b4 she would be turned. After the 1st turn she went or tried to go airbourn, too dark to see if she breached completely but I could tell by the splash she was a donkey! Fought her for a good 15-20mins b4 she slid into the mud and proceeded to soak me in that funky ass MB low tide muck! But damn was it worth it!

She was around 52-53" easy that's my XL mud boot over 14" for reference...

I was stoked to say the least not even 25mins in to the sesh and mission accomplished. But I wasn't done yet, I rebaited the mack rod and changed out the squish rod for some freshness. As soon as I finished my big eye and cracked my second one my 9'r is goin again only not as fast, I grab it and its still goin at a pretty steady ziiing so I swung and managed to pull the bait from it... So i rebaited both my rods with mack and finished my 2nd big eye b4 the 9'r went off again while my chick was walkin back from the porta-john. I saw her walkin up and she said she was too cold to battle so I hunkered down for round 2. I was a lil wore out from round 1 but I made somewhat short work of a lil smaller model bat.

Called it a night after one last soak that got both my baits pecked to mush. We went across the bridges and fed the fish at the bar while we enjoyed a couple big eyes B)

Not too shabby a sesh for my $h!tty spot ;)

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Mud Bathing
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 04:50:25 PM »
Its not sh!tty for you, thats for sure. Lately the spot doesn't matter much for me. Starting to think I may get another plaque.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »
Damn dude!  Not too shabby at all ...and may be the next winning session for the Bat Fight!  You are over due for winning it.

I'm sure we will be fishing the bay on Tuesday if you will be down.  I'll bring some wood.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
Wow J - another great outing! Nice haul bro.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:11:36 AM »
Seems like they are getting bigger and bigger. Nice work man. Now I'm grtting really amped for the bat fight!