Author Topic: 11/20 - Dixon Trout Massacre  (Read 3292 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
11/20 - Dixon Trout Massacre
« on: November 20, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »
Fished Dixon this morning with my buddy from work. The gate opens at 6, I got there at 4 and there were already a few people ahead of me. By the time the gates opened there were 25+ cars in line. My buddy holds our spot and I buy the permits...

I get to the spot and make a cast and hook up. Land him and make another cast....another fish on! This time my lure got wrapped around the net pretty bad and I manage to get most of it untangled in time to help my buddy land his fish. This goes on for the next hour until I get my limit of five. Within this magical hour we both farm at least 5 fish. My buddy had 3 fish landed at this point so we keep on fishing. I hook into a decent fish and fight it for a minute or so and then it takes me into some vegetation and breaks me off. My lucky lure is stuck in his mouth so if you catch him please return my bait  >:(

Overall it was a great day. I'm a bit sleepy and it was pretty cold but the fishing was amazing!

My lucky bait was a 1/6 oz. TB in Red and Gold. That bait was absolutely killing it. Even after I lost it I tied on the same bait in a 1/4oz. size and caught fish on that although it sunk faster than I liked. We also caught them on the mini jig (whites and then pinks) along with Roostertails and Trout Worms (pink) dropshotted.

Good luck to anybody who gets out there. As for me, well I have a bunch of school work to catch up on so I'll be doing that until my next fishing trip.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 11/20 - Dixon Trout Massacre
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »
Well done boss!  I'll be trout fishing probably this weekend but might head to Jennings instead.

Congrats on that quick limit.  It always takes me much more than an hour to get my limit of trout, that's for sure.

It's nice to have another shore freshwater report to post too!  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:59:59 PM »
Well done boss!  I'll be trout fishing probably this weekend but might head to Jennings instead.

Congrats on that quick limit.  It always takes me much more than an hour to get my limit of trout, that's for sure.

It's nice to have another shore freshwater report to post too!  8)

This is the quickest I have ever limited out. Ever. The cool thing is that if it wasn't for farmed fish I could have limited out within 30 minutes. Most of the time I have to work my ass off for trout so I'll enjoy this victory while it lasts. The same buddy I was with today fished Jennings last week and did pretty good. Looking forward to your report. Good luck!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
I go there a couple times a year. Can't remember ever catching a fish though.