Author Topic: Go to 1/2 day in sd?  (Read 2477 times)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Go to 1/2 day in sd?
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:41:24 AM »
What's up yall!
Got freedom to escape this weekend fishing, and with the grinner gathering Saturday, I'm gonna sneak off Sunday am aswel
I'm expecting the usual bass and rockfish, but I've never really done any local trips out of sd, got any reccomendations for which 1/2 day trips?

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Go to 1/2 day in sd?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »
 I've had some good trips on the Premier, but it was a long time ago. If you want to ride with a d!ck, fish the New Seaforth.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »
I've not had a good trip on the Premier the last time I was on a half day boat, but I would get on the Premier over the New Sead!ck any day.  The premier is a great fishing platform and I just might have been on the boat on the wrong day.  You could always look at counts and try to figure out what they are catching and choose from there.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »
Dolphin out of Fishermans... used to hate this boat, crew, and captain when it ran out of Islandia. Since their move to Fishermans I gave them a try they have earned back my business. Big boat great platform. Crew is cool.

Daily Double out of Pt Loma... Been years since I set foot on her. But never had a bad trip. Smaller boat lower to the water. Captain Fred is legit very good with rookie anglers.

Premier out of H&M... Big boat low to the water. Wide walkaround space. Haven't fished it enough to form a solid opinion but I have fished a few trips with one of the captains, Kevin. He always ran a good trip.

New Seaforth out of Seaforth... Sister boat to the Dolphin same layout but bigger bait tank. Been a few years since I rode on it so can't say how it is now. But definitely had fun trips when RJ was at the helm.

Chubasco II out of Sportsmans... Cool crew. Smaller boat. Best burger hands down. Different captain everytime I've been on her but all of them get a thumbs up.

Watch the counts. My go to out of the big bay is the Dolphin. And Chubasco II out of MB.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
Dolphin out of Fishermans... used to hate this boat, crew, and captain when it ran out of Islandia. Since their move to Fishermans I gave them a try they have earned back my business. Big boat great platform. Crew is cool.

Daily Double out of Pt Loma... Been years since I set foot on her. But never had a bad trip. Smaller boat lower to the water. Captain Fred is legit very good with rookie anglers.

Premier out of H&M... Big boat low to the water. Wide walkaround space. Haven't fished it enough to form a solid opinion but I have fished a few trips with one of the captains, Kevin. He always ran a good trip.

New Seaforth out of Seaforth... Sister boat to the Dolphin same layout but bigger bait tank. Been a few years since I rode on it so can't say how it is now. But definitely had fun trips when RJ was at the helm.

Chubasco II out of Sportsmans... Cool crew. Smaller boat. Best burger hands down. Different captain everytime I've been on her but all of them get a thumbs up.

Watch the counts. My go to out of the big bay is the Dolphin. And Chubasco II out of MB.

You always have the best intel on the local boats, Len.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate the detailed write ups too!!!
I'm takin 3 beginners out, so a helpful(patient) crew is a must lol
Still undecided and gotta see what boats are gonna be running Sunday tho.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »
I 2nd the Premier. The NSF has fallen off a bit in the customer service dept. I've seen that first hand too. It was sad to watch...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 11:24:25 AM »
The Chubasco II get's my vote.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

raychavez91

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 06:09:25 AM »
Ended up going with the dolphin, wish me luck!